Digital Thermometers'?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

khial

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As title...has anyone had any experience with them and are they any good?

I used one but I went to glass always thought they were alittle off.

I had always thought glass ones were more accurate because there was nothing that could go wrong. However, after getting a pair of glass ones exactly the same that give me different readings, I'm not so sure!

I have a juwel digital thermometer thats always been accurate. It sits inside the tank under the water. I have three in total. One stick on one thats also pretty accurate. I also have one that sticks on the outside of the glass which is always a few degrees below the other two. 

If you get an underwater one, just make sure that the seal is very tight after you insert the battery! 

yes i use them....very accurate, although accuracy may vary from brand to brand

and i like the fact it displays tenths of a degree 80.5 as an example

CezzaXV said:
I had always thought glass ones were more accurate because there was nothing that could go wrong. However, after getting a pair of glass ones exactly the same that give me different readings, I'm not so sure!
Are they next to each other in the tank or in different positions?

Lunar Jetman said:
Are they next to each other in the tank or in different positions?

Next to each other. Admittedly, I got them on eBay for 99p each from China, but still! Fairly sure most thermometers you'd buy in a UK shop are cheap and made in China, they're just in fancier packaging.

khial said:
As title...has anyone had any experience with them and are they any good?
I have two very expensive digital units, using them to test the more "common" digital types, shows they are a lot less accurate than most spirit items.
people often get confised thinking "digital" means, in some way, Accurate,  It doesn't, not by a long chalk..

unless you arer prepared to pay over £100 for the unit and £50 or so every two years to callibrate, you gain nothing.
however this sort of accuracy, you dont need. my two expensive items are in a draw, and used now to check temps when reflowing, if at all.
quite honestly a spirit item at £3 is the best bet.
as, AGAIN, a forum search will reveal.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back