Diffuser Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

And this is why I use inline reactors, rather than diffusers. Although the diffusers are good.

I just wish my aquamedic 1000 would fit into my cabinet :sad: that was a waste of £35 :crazy:

Been soaking it in bleach/water 1:10 mix this morning. What a pain it was to get it in the part the co2 goes into!!!

20 min to fill it with a syringe, then like ps3stevo said - g-force! to get it out!!

Just filled up a jug with water and tap safe leaving it in there to soak now, filled the co2 part with it as well. Will give it a good rinse off in a while.

Will I need to get the part the co2 goes into dry? That will be a pain!

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Dont worry you wont need to wait for it to dry, as long as all the bleach has gone it will be fine, :good:

My regulator has two dials on. The one that tells you how much is in the bottle is broke. That can't effect anything can it?

Like if the FE is nearly empty so hasn't got the power to push the co2 through?

Nearly ready to give up and flog the lot of it lol :shout: :shout: :crazy: :lol:

All this messing about and the god darn FE was nearly empty! I think it was that.... going to borrow a friends FE thats full and see if that works! Pirtty sure thats whats causing it. Not enough pressure to push it thro.

Arghghghghg1!!! hahahaa lol, so annoying, yet so funny! :good: :shout: :hyper:

I knew it was not the diffuser :lol: at least it is clean now.

The pressure would drop off once the FE is almost empty, was your pressure guage not reading low?

Hmm, no it isn't thats what I thought lol.

Anyway I'm not sure whats going on. The FE stoped blowing co2 so I thought it was empty. But turns out it wasn't? And now it's letting co2 through again... wth?!

Pluged it all back in and it's working ... how annoying ?!?! but so releaving....

I have no idea what so ever what's been going on, but it's working again now lol.

Faulty Regulator/solenoid would be my next bet :shifty:

I'm guessing it's the regulator. The dial that says how much is in the FE is broke. No idea when it broke but been reading the same for about 5 months :lol:

All is still going well any how.

I had it on a timer so it was on 1hr prior to my lights on, and 1hr before they went off. Do people leave the Co2 running 24/7? Maybe the on/off is destroying the difusers? Not sure though as many people use the timers? :blink:

Well I use solenoids on both my set ups and have not had any issues (touch wood)

You may have just been unlucky.

Damp got into the reg? Dust got into the reg? PTFE tape got into the reg?

Might be worth a clean out, but opening and closing them can clear blockages (or break them entirely).

Also, worth remembering that, given that CO2 is liquid in the cylinder, the pressure doesn't drop all that much until there's only the gas in the cylinder left (as removing that gas just makes more liquid evaporate, keeping the pressure up for a lot longer than you expect), then it slumps. Annoying but, that's the way it goes, but it may mean that your gauge isn't broken.

Wish I knew that your reg was bust before lol.

When I came back from work one day I heard this hissing, the pipe blew off the one way valve (must of been the weakest point) so I opend the cabinet and the regulator was frozen!

Maybe it's that whats causing it to play up lol? :hyper:

I'd say that'd do it. Seals may have perished in the cold, or the metal warped.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back