Dieing Bubble Coral Hanging In There!

u only have alittle over 2 watss per gallon in there, that would be why its dyeng

i would agree with kkyyllee, even though they recommend low lighting, you barely have enough lighting to be considered low and im sure its a the bottom of the tank where there aint much wattage try moving it to the top of the tank and see what happens

I know, thats all the watts it gave me, and I can't put in the other lights, not enough room.

I'm not too worried anymore though because it's making a little rebound (inflating a little more) and I'm going to get a 75 or 90ga anyway.

how many watts does a 75 and 90ga need?

i would agree with kkyyllee, even though they recommend low lighting, you barely have enough lighting to be considered low and im sure its a the bottom of the tank where there aint much wattage try moving it to the top of the tank and see what happens

When I put it at the bottom, it opened more for some reason. This is one wierd coral...If its at the top, its contracted, if its in the sand, its inflated some.

Inflation of the flesh does not always indicate health... Many LPS will over-inflate when in a low-light scenario to try and get as much zooxanthellae as possible towards the light source.

i wouldnt ask how many watts would it need since watts is how much electricity is used, not the lumen output (although closely related) and more importantly not the PAR output. I think a better question is "What light should i use and how many tubes/bulbs" So go on ask a new question :).

Most reactions

Back