Describe Something That You Would Absolutely, Just Refuse To Eat.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
olives...i cant stand olives! or grapefruit...."why the hell would anyone buy a grapefruit?"
i wouldnt eat any animal that is kept as a pet(dog,cat,small mammles) but the sound of a hamster kebab doesnt sound that bad :p
i would never ever eat an oyster.. i did once and almost threw myself over the pier in which i was eating it... i could not get the taste of it out of my mouth...

Personally, there is nothing I wouldn't eat if I was hungry enough. There is stuff I'd rather NOT eat, like mushrooms, but if it's life or death I'd eat my dog, my fish, or, if I'm with other people and were all starving, eat the first one to die.

Anyways.....

I'll pass on mushrooms.....ICK!

That's because mushrooms are disgusting spore infested fungus. No one should eat them.

I must be nasty because I like alot of the stuff being mentioned.

There are things I've tried and won't ever eat again: liver, sushi/sashimi, internal organs, or anything raw.
Things I'll never eat or try: any kind of insect or lizard -- although I've had gator and rattlesnake; they're okay but would rather have something else.

:lol:
Pants - that was what I was going to make you for lunch if you come down.
Nina, for a second there I thought you were saying you wouldn't eat pants, I was just nodding sagely thinking what a wise one you are.

Now, deep fried spiders. Who thought that would be a good idea? What were they just doing a bit of cooking one day and thought "I know...." and there it was, a new dish...?

Anything involving anything that was once alive and is now dead and HAS NOT been cooked or somehow treated to make it not raw flesh. That's gross.

The whole brain thing is just plain nasty, if I thought about that for long enough I bet I could make myself heave. I won't try. It would be a visual thing anyway so you'd lose the full effect. Also I may yap on my keyboard, and that would be a bad thing.

Now, back to topic. Anything that, for no apparent reason, has on it, or in it, or round it, some kind of unidentified jelly matter. Yuck.

Dan can't stand anything that has fluid leaching from it, like chicken kievs. Of course once he'd described it as "fluid leaching from it", I couldn't eat them either so that's right off the menu.

coose not to believe me if you want but i know a guys who ate his pants as a result of a lost bet. Persanally i will never eat another cheesesting. The smell makes me puke. My mate and i recently had game where you can pick any two food items and the other person must eat it. I had cheesestring and mustard and i puked. Mind you anyone think they have a strong stomach??? Try eating a teaspoon of coffee grounds. IMPOSSIBLE gwikimpss how could you eat your dog??? I could eat my fish but never one of my cats id rather die than kill one.

The monkey brains thing is really where I draw the line. I will sound weird here but I have had the opportunity of meeting some monkeys and spent quite a bit of time with them and seen their social behaviour and human similarities. So it is not on the too gross to eat thing but just immoral for me. I do know people who know people who do eat moneys but that is because they are really poor hilltribe people in Thailand and they eat whatever is edible and they don't look upon monkeys as close to humans in any way so in that respect I understand but I don't think I could do it even if I was starving to death.

Monkeys are happy to eat spiders and insects though. :D

I hate marrow too- Why would anybody in their right mind want to eat pseudo-vegetable thing that looks like a mutated growth and when eaten, tastes like :sick: and has the texture of green ooze?

The only thing that I cannot eat is raw Tomato, I just can't get it down, I don't like bitter things either, grapefruit is painful because of the bitterness.

Alot of the things people have complained about are really good IMHO, paul, cheasy peas sound so good to me!

Also regarding mushrooms, people and all sorts of herbivorous and omnivorous animals have been eating mushrooms since long before recorded history, the mushrooms we eat are fungus yes but they are generally collected before the spores are mature, not that it would matter because we do not eat funguses that can live on or in us, or atleast not in mushroom form. Everytime you drink wine or beer or mead or any number of alchol containing drinks or eat raw bread dought or even the skin of fruit you ingest yeast, yeast can like on and in you, don't dodge the ####ake Mushrooms or the ocasional Psilocybin Cubensis, dodge that bund of grapes!

Bone marrow, cucumbers, and other greens that have strong smells.

I'll eat pretty much anything else though. Anyone here tried durian?

P.T.

i never thought of myself as a picky eater until this thread got started and i thought of all the things i would never eat. There's a lot of things I don't like, but I'd eat 'em if I had to. I can't think of any organ i would want to eat, be it heart, liver, reproductive, eyes, or brain, whatever. I can't stomach straight fat like the big clumpy sort that comes on pork or beef, or that is something floating in chicken soup. It won't even go down. Um... I will never again eat salmon eggs (tasted like the smell of indoor wall paint) or sea urchin (indescribable). Oh, also robitussin honey cough. I was really sick once and my dad got that for me thinking it would be nicer than normal cough medicine, and it was, at first, but after taking it a couple times a day for a week it was so sickly sweet that just smelling it made my stomach turn and the one time i almost passed out :X I have, sadly, even had nightmares about it. Even remembering the smell makes me ill. :lol:

Now, as for most anything else, i could, or would eat it, or I know i like it. I'd eat cat or dog or horseor whatever. I bet fried bugs would be good. What I'd have the most trouble getting over with bugs would be the crunch of the exoskeleton (this is also why i don't crush big bugs to kill them, i spray them with something or catch and release them -lol-), but if they're fried, they'd be crunchy anyway.

out of curiousity, why is bone marrow being considered a "peudo-vegetable"?

What I'd have the most trouble getting over with bugs would be the crunch of the exoskeleton (this is also why i don't crush big bugs to kill them, i spray them with something or catch and release them -lol-), but if they're fried, they'd be crunchy anyway.

For me it was getting the legs stuck between my teeth that was bad. The crunch was ok. The tip was to take the wings off the beetles. If you just eat the insides without any exoskeleton they taste a bit yucky. :good:

well i`m a bit of an animal i ate a giant moth and several daddy long legs when i got drunk but i felt really sick when i thought about what i had done in the morning :sick:
apart from that spinach really sucks

god shed loads of stuff, I'm really quite fussy

I can only eat cheese if it's melted, 'raw' cheese makes me sick
Tomatoes, I HATE them in sandwiches, except BLT which is different for some unknown reason
Sushi.... no way
Deep fried chips, ewwwgh too greasy and soggy, mccains home fries all the way

There's loads of stuff I used to detest but as I've got older I've realised it's actually just my mum's appauling cooking that put me off. She used to do this thing called creamed spinach, basically she's boil the spinach for about half an hr so it's just this soggy mess, attempt to drain it and fail miserably then mix some cream with it and serve it like that, was absolutely vile and put me off spinach. Then I got served some when I first went for dinner at my ex's parents, didn't want to be rude to ate it and was amazed it's actually quite nice. Same with sprouts too and loads of other stuff. But Ian trained as a chef so thankfully now I get loads of yummy food, unless he makes me cook :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back