Describe Something That You Would Absolutely, Just Refuse To Eat.

A couple of years ago I went to a friends for a meal and for the starter, he served Garlic Mushrooms, with a dip made from Onion, Tomato and Chilli :sick: On the list of things I dislike, they are probably the top 5 all in 1 serving :sick: .

I've not been invited since :lol:

Arfie

Does it have to be food because otherwise you're opening the flood gates.

Deep fried spiders (they eat them in a town in Cambodia), But a friend it Thailand got me to try fried beetles, there not too bad.

I wouldnt eat any insects or spiders etc, bleh is all i can say to the idea of that. Cucumber sandwiches would be worse though :sick:

way too many to mention but here are some of the worst (for me)
any member of the cabbage family :sick:
any tuber/root vegetable (except potatoe)
cheesy peas
monkey brains
raw pigs liver (fav of my late nan)
offal :sick:

I've eaten some pretty wierd things. Caviar and escagot rank high on my yummy to the tummy list. I'll eat squid, octapus, rabbit, alligator, most game meats, etc. I'll venture to try anything once. That being said, there are a few things I would not eat, unless lots of money came into play.

Tongue (don't want to eat anything that has licked a cow's butt)
Liver (don't want to eat anything that has processed toxins)
Tripe (really just looks very gross to me)

Haggis (Sorry, I know there are those that love this, but the thought of it is really quite yucky to me. Do you know what is in this delightful dish? Great thing to invent in the 14th century when there was nothing else lying around to eat and people were starving, but Give William Wallace or Robert Bruce the choice of Haggis or a nice, juicy sirloin cooked to perfection, I'm pretty sure that they would both choose the steak.) I don't mean to offend anyone here, just really don't get the point of this dish.

Monkey brains, again great when there's nothing else around, but give me a jar of pickles or a cup of steaming monkey brains, and I'll probably go for the jar of pickles!

Now, give me a million bucks and both Haggis and steaming Monkey brains will go down with a big, fat grin!

:lol: :good:

I wouldnt eat any insects or spiders etc, bleh is all i can say to the idea of that. Cucumber sandwiches would be worse though :sick:

Pants - that was what I was going to make you for lunch if you come down.

I think eggs and fish have got to be the worst thing for me. The smell of them makes me gag. :sick:

and olives.

me too :crazy: i hate avocado :sick:
cold egg (dont mind scrambled when its cooked),
marmite :sick: ,
cooked tomatoes,
liquorice,
oh my god celery, i hate celery,
airwaves (does anyone actually like airwaves?) :huh: ,
caviar (tried it once- never again),
one of those crappy hot chocolates that you mix with water, it just tastes nothing like chocolate, hot choclate that you mix with heated milk isnt so bad,
trifle,
anything with loads of whipped cream ontop, especially on ice cream sundaes wher you have to eat the tons of cream before you get to the ice cream, you just feel sick by the time you actually get to the ice cream itself,
one of those 'chicago town' (which are made in germany or somewhere not chicago) deep dish pizzas with tons of tomato sauce, it tastes horrible and it burns your mouth because that tomato sauce does not cool down! :shout: ,
dates :sick: ,
mature cheeses (any cheese that is strong),
baked beans :sick: ,
those mini mr kipling bakewell tart things with cherries on top :sick: god i almost vomitted just thinking about them,
glace cherries,
cream of tomato soup,
erm think thats it, well probably not but i cant think of them all now.
:)

:lol:
Pants - that was what I was going to make you for lunch if you come down.
Nina, for a second there I thought you were saying you wouldn't eat pants, I was just nodding sagely thinking what a wise one you are.

Now, deep fried spiders. Who thought that would be a good idea? What were they just doing a bit of cooking one day and thought "I know...." and there it was, a new dish...?

Anything involving anything that was once alive and is now dead and HAS NOT been cooked or somehow treated to make it not raw flesh. That's gross.

The whole brain thing is just plain nasty, if I thought about that for long enough I bet I could make myself heave. I won't try. It would be a visual thing anyway so you'd lose the full effect. Also I may yap on my keyboard, and that would be a bad thing.

Now, back to topic. Anything that, for no apparent reason, has on it, or in it, or round it, some kind of unidentified jelly matter. Yuck.

Dan can't stand anything that has fluid leaching from it, like chicken kievs. Of course once he'd described it as "fluid leaching from it", I couldn't eat them either so that's right off the menu.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back