Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Describe Something That You Would Absolutely, Just Refuse To Eat.

Discussion in 'Cooking and Recipes Forum' started by BALINTOY, May 24, 2006.

1. Dany

Dany Member

olives...i cant stand olives! or grapefruit...."why the hell would anyone buy a grapefruit?"
    i wouldnt eat any animal that is kept as a pet(dog,cat,small mammles) but the sound of a hamster kebab doesnt sound that bad :p
    i would never ever eat an oyster.. i did once and almost threw myself over the pier in which i was eating it... i could not get the taste of it out of my mouth...

2. qwikimpss

qwikimpss Member

Personally, there is nothing I wouldn't eat if I was hungry enough. There is stuff I'd rather NOT eat, like mushrooms, but if it's life or death I'd eat my dog, my fish, or, if I'm with other people and were all starving, eat the first one to die.

Anyways.....

I'll pass on mushrooms.....ICK!

3. PlecMama

PlecMama Member

That's because mushrooms are disgusting spore infested fungus. No one should eat them.

4. wendywc

wendywc Rocking a crabshell for a hat.

I must be nasty because I like alot of the stuff being mentioned.

There are things I've tried and won't ever eat again: liver, sushi/sashimi, internal organs, or anything raw.
    Things I'll never eat or try: any kind of insect or lizard -- although I've had gator and rattlesnake; they're okay but would rather have something else.

5. Ginge

Ginge Betta Extermination Team!!!

coose not to believe me if you want but i know a guys who ate his pants as a result of a lost bet. Persanally i will never eat another cheesesting. The smell makes me puke. My mate and i recently had game where you can pick any two food items and the other person must eat it. I had cheesestring and mustard and i puked. Mind you anyone think they have a strong stomach??? Try eating a teaspoon of coffee grounds. IMPOSSIBLE gwikimpss how could you eat your dog??? I could eat my fish but never one of my cats id rather die than kill one.

6. orientmatt

orientmatt Member

Courgette really is quite minging, along with marmalade

7. dylema

dylema Member

The monkey brains thing is really where I draw the line. I will sound weird here but I have had the opportunity of meeting some monkeys and spent quite a bit of time with them and seen their social behaviour and human similarities. So it is not on the too gross to eat thing but just immoral for me. I do know people who know people who do eat moneys but that is because they are really poor hilltribe people in Thailand and they eat whatever is edible and they don't look upon monkeys as close to humans in any way so in that respect I understand but I don't think I could do it even if I was starving to death.

Monkeys are happy to eat spiders and insects though. :D

8. OohFeeshy

OohFeeshy It's only forever; not long at all...

I hate marrow too- Why would anybody in their right mind want to eat pseudo-vegetable thing that looks like a mutated growth and when eaten, tastes like :sick: and has the texture of green ooze?

9. Wisperian

Wisperian Where's Nemo :o

oh oh i wouldnt eat a dirty sponge =D

10. Opcn

Opcn Big fish

The only thing that I cannot eat is raw Tomato, I just can't get it down, I don't like bitter things either, grapefruit is painful because of the bitterness.

Alot of the things people have complained about are really good IMHO, paul, cheasy peas sound so good to me!

Also regarding mushrooms, people and all sorts of herbivorous and omnivorous animals have been eating mushrooms since long before recorded history, the mushrooms we eat are fungus yes but they are generally collected before the spores are mature, not that it would matter because we do not eat funguses that can live on or in us, or atleast not in mushroom form. Everytime you drink wine or beer or mead or any number of alchol containing drinks or eat raw bread dought or even the skin of fruit you ingest yeast, yeast can like on and in you, don't dodge the ####ake Mushrooms or the ocasional Psilocybin Cubensis, dodge that bund of grapes!

11. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief Population Control Volunteer

Bone marrow, cucumbers, and other greens that have strong smells.

I'll eat pretty much anything else though. Anyone here tried durian?

P.T.

12. piatotsini

piatotsini Member

Ahh durian. Smells like hell, tastes like heaven (as we locals refer to it :lol:). That's my fave fruit of all time!

Ehm ok, things I would absolutely refuse to eat...eyeballs soup (I don't want my food to stare at me while I'm eating it :rofl:) and uhh... this specialty called soup number 5! (bull gonads soup).

13. starrynightxxi

i never thought of myself as a picky eater until this thread got started and i thought of all the things i would never eat. There's a lot of things I don't like, but I'd eat 'em if I had to. I can't think of any organ i would want to eat, be it heart, liver, reproductive, eyes, or brain, whatever. I can't stomach straight fat like the big clumpy sort that comes on pork or beef, or that is something floating in chicken soup. It won't even go down. Um... I will never again eat salmon eggs (tasted like the smell of indoor wall paint) or sea urchin (indescribable). Oh, also robitussin honey cough. I was really sick once and my dad got that for me thinking it would be nicer than normal cough medicine, and it was, at first, but after taking it a couple times a day for a week it was so sickly sweet that just smelling it made my stomach turn and the one time i almost passed out :X I have, sadly, even had nightmares about it. Even remembering the smell makes me ill. :lol:

Now, as for most anything else, i could, or would eat it, or I know i like it. I'd eat cat or dog or horseor whatever. I bet fried bugs would be good. What I'd have the most trouble getting over with bugs would be the crunch of the exoskeleton (this is also why i don't crush big bugs to kill them, i spray them with something or catch and release them -lol-), but if they're fried, they'd be crunchy anyway.

out of curiousity, why is bone marrow being considered a "peudo-vegetable"?

14. dylema

dylema Member

For me it was getting the legs stuck between my teeth that was bad. The crunch was ok. The tip was to take the wings off the beetles. If you just eat the insides without any exoskeleton they taste a bit yucky. :good:

15. kjb66

kjb66 Member

well i`m a bit of an animal i ate a giant moth and several daddy long legs when i got drunk but i felt really sick when i thought about what i had done in the morning :sick:
    apart from that spinach really sucks