Deleted

Hi Guys/Girls,
Just a quick one, I have recently upgraded my filter to an External Eheim Pro 3 2073 with spraybar (fitted on the sidewall). I am a little concerned that the flow is slightly too high, its not blowing the fish around or anything but the fish seem to stay at the same end as the spraybar. Also looking at the water surface I can see the current and where it hits the glass (tank is just over 3ft long) I can see a little whirlpool type thing. Could this be causing turbulance that the fish dont like?

Any ideas?

Mike

anyway to turn it down a bit?

can you block off some holes to only concentrate the outflow into a small part?
 
Hi Guys/Girls,
Just a quick one, I have recently upgraded my filter to an External Eheim Pro 3 2073 with spraybar (fitted on the sidewall). I am a little concerned that the flow is slightly too high, its not blowing the fish around or anything but the fish seem to stay at the same end as the spraybar. Also looking at the water surface I can see the current and where it hits the glass (tank is just over 3ft long) I can see a little whirlpool type thing. Could this be causing turbulance that the fish dont like?

Any ideas?

Mike

anyway to turn it down a bit?

can you block off some holes to only concentrate the outflow into a small part?

I can turn it down but I dont really want to as it would affect both the inlet and outlet so would put stress on the filter. I could try aiming the spraybar up a little more though. If I block holes that would also have the same affect as the above.

Do you think its too strong then?

Mike

might be, i had the same problem...

i have 2 filters in my tank, a UGF and a 3 stage inbuilt filter in the back, and therefore 2 powerheads, it causes alot of current in the tank, and like you said, I used to to see a mini whirlpool; and the fishes would only stay in a certain area all day long =/

So i basically, lifted one of some more, that causes all the surface agitation, and the other against the back wall (with Co2 attached too it), so the current is basically diluted a bit. All the fishes come out now and use the whole tank; so i think you may have too much current for them to be happy in =]
 
You could always put the spray bar under the water and direct it straight upwards therefore only creating movement at one end of the tank.

Blocking the holes wouldnt do any good because it would just make the water come out of the other holes with more pressure.

Andy
 
You could always put the spray bar under the water and direct it straight upwards therefore only creating movement at one end of the tank.

Blocking the holes wouldnt do any good because it would just make the water come out of the other holes with more pressure.

Andy

i know, but it would only affect a smaller part, or aim it towards the glass etc
 

Most reactions

Back
Top