"delete"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i know its off topic but
how do i become a mod

You have to be selected by contributing to the forum, good behaviour etc. If you ask, you're less than likely to get the roll.

Well, I had that same question a little while back from one of our members, and here is my answer to him.... It must be noted that these are not the exclusive criteria, but basically entails the following...:

It is a very long and tedious process..... The existing Moderators watches those members who are generally helpful to the other members with sound advice, knows how to behave when other members start an argument, have a good expressive and mature way of posting in topics, visit the forum on a regular basis and who are in good standing with the forum (obeying all the rules).

Such member is then nominated by one of the moderators and a period of (around) 3 to 5 months which follows for the other moderators to observe the posts made by the nominated member and then when everyone is satisfied that they have seen enough evidence to either accept or reject such nomination, We then start a poll in the moderator's section and vote for such member. All the Moderators have to vote and we have to get a 100% consensus or else such nominated member is not elected.

So, as I said.... it is not easy and may take even more than 6 months from the time we have decided on a person until the final decision is made.

And almost all mods and admins have very good grammar, punctuation and spelling! :hey: :nod:

And almost all mods and admins have very good grammar, punctuation and spelling! :hey: :nod:

OMG lIek, dats wel unfer. I shuld B abel to B a mod cos liek all da peEpz spk liek dis dese days innit!

Fair play if you can even understand that.

Sounds like a very intense moderation procedure, I approve. Being a member of many different forums I am sick to death of nazi moderators ruling with allmighty power and abusing systems to get their own way.
I have been perma-banned from one of my hobby forums for asking the reasons as to why I was given a warning. Never was given the reason, just perma-banned instantly.

On a side note, I've noticed this forum's "family friendly" approach may be making me swear less, which is very handy on numerous levels.

Ok, well getting back on topic.

I would'nt advocate the 'delete' button. Purely because as someone has previously stated, someone will write something, start an argument then delete it and say they didnt say/write that.

IMO, the EDIT button is perfectly fine. :)

i know its off topic but
how do i become a mod

You have to be selected by contributing to the forum, good behaviour etc. If you ask, you're less than likely to get the roll.

Well, I had that same question a little while back from one of our members, and here is my answer to him.... It must be noted that these are not the exclusive criteria, but basically entails the following...:

It is a very long and tedious process..... The existing Moderators watches those members who are generally helpful to the other members with sound advice, knows how to behave when other members start an argument, have a good expressive and mature way of posting in topics, visit the forum on a regular basis and who are in good standing with the forum (obeying all the rules).

Such member is then nominated by one of the moderators and a period of (around) 3 to 5 months which follows for the other moderators to observe the posts made by the nominated member and then when everyone is satisfied that they have seen enough evidence to either accept or reject such nomination, We then start a poll in the moderator's section and vote for such member. All the Moderators have to vote and we have to get a 100% consensus or else such nominated member is not elected.

So, as I said.... it is not easy and may take even more than 6 months from the time we have decided on a person until the final decision is made.

thank you Ludwig for explaining
for me it sounds a good way of
selecting moderators it must be a hard job
with there been a lot of knowledgeable
people on the forum.i have nothing but
praise for the mods on this forum
keep up the good work the biffster

i have nothing but
praise for the mods on this forum
keep up the good work the biffster

Thanks Biffs..... everyone appreciates some recognition some times..... I must also commend our members for being so tollerable and understanding..... We make a good team.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back