Decorations…

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NannaLou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I’ve always gone for a slightly haphazard jungle/natural look for my tanks (more newbie trial and error than planning) but I love the look of some of the more structured/themed tanks.

I love @OliveFish05’s idea of the tea cup and saucer (I might steal that if that’s ok?) and I’ve looked on Google and YouTube but found very few images to work through/consider.

The only one really was called, “The Teapot - Ikebana Cube Aquascape”.

Has anyone used cups and teapots like this before? Any photos or links to sites please?

Are you asking if teacups would be safe to put in the tank?

I'm not a big fan of such decorations. I prefer natural looks. But I do have to admit that I'm really surprised how inventive and creative people can be when it comes to decorations in a tank.

That’s a really cool idea! Like with the plants growing inside and up out of the teacup/pot? I would love to see if you try it! My axolotls love their teacup. They have plants and rocks to hide around, yet there is always one hiding in the teacup. It is their go to hiding spot haha. The cool thing is there are so many teacups/sets to choose from you are bound to find one you love. I recommend going to an antique or thrift store and look around, that’s where I found my set. Here are a few photos I found, as well as mine in my own setup (Sorry about the glare on mine). I tried to make mine look like someone dropped them there by mistake
F80E67EE-16E7-429B-BD41-9276C107B1A7.jpeg
23BC962B-F916-4D95-A2EA-84C3104C2F52.jpeg
3B4572D9-36B2-4FF5-B2F0-7300D3252615.jpeg
E58DDEB0-409F-4141-84BE-73E23DEE83DC.jpeg
5E207E34-37FC-4964-92A0-6A1FFBADA26D.jpeg

That’s a really cool idea! Like with the plants growing inside and up out of the teacup/pot? I would love to see if you try it!
I’ve been around the second hands shops this afternoon and have bought a teapot and 2 cups and saucers. I thought that I could put a plant (yet to be identified) in the top of the teapot and then Blue would have a resting place close to the surface. His new tank is due this week, so I’ll keep you posted on progress 🙂

It was something that I read about them liking a ‘cave’ or hiding space. I know they need decorations to be very smooth so thought that a teacup might be a good try. Thank you
I had a cheap teacup from Goodwill in my sister’s betta bowl for a while, but ended up taking it out after I got plants because it took up too much space.

That’s a really cool idea! Like with the plants growing inside and up out of the teacup/pot? I would love to see if you try it! My axolotls love their teacup. They have plants and rocks to hide around, yet there is always one hiding in the teacup. It is their go to hiding spot haha. The cool thing is there are so many teacups/sets to choose from you are bound to find one you love. I recommend going to an antique or thrift store and look around, that’s where I found my set. Here are a few photos I found, as well as mine in my own setup (Sorry about the glare on mine). I tried to make mine look like someone dropped them there by mistakeView attachment 147839View attachment 147840View attachment 147841View attachment 147842View attachment 147843
OMG THE AXOLOTLS ARRIVED THEY ARE SO CUTE
the yellow one has weird eyes lol
very cute 10/10

I hate albino fish...they creep me out! And Axolotl are freaky! But an albino Axolotl? 😖 makes me feel funny weird! They're not as bad as albino plecos...those are what nightmares are made of

Most reactions

trending

Back