Dechlor

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

weejen

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hey guys i have run out of dechlor and i need to do a water change is it safe to do with out it or should i wait to do it?

hey guys i have run out of dechlor and i need to do a water change is it safe to do with out it or should i wait to do it?

if in doubt wait till you
get some test you water and
see what your stats are the other
thing your not fish in cycling
are you if they are all within
the tolerances they should be OK for
one more day just don't over feed

is there no one open near by were you
can get some

you can get away with doing a small 1 without dechlorinator , but in all reality an extra days wait wont do any harm at all .

if you cant get any dechlor the best thing to do if you need to do a water change is leave the water in a tub with an airpump for aslong as possible ideally 24hours. That will let most of the chlorine gas off but wont get rid of chloramine

if you cant get any dechlor the best thing to do if you need to do a water change is leave the water in a tub with an airpump for aslong as possible ideally 24hours. That will let most of the chlorine gas off but wont get rid of chloramine

wont get rid of any heavy metals either............

i would just wait... the chlorine in untreated water will do little harm (if any) to your fish. but it will destroy you bacteria colonies and i dont think anyone wants that

as long as your not fish in cycling like biffster said then 1 day wont do no harm :)

ash

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back