Death, Decay And Decomposition...

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Can the death,decay and/or decomposition of a plant or coral affect the other plants or corals in a tank. What I'm trying to ask is if something is say half dead and still slowly dying, can this decomposition affect the heal of other organisms? I have a lovely 72 gallon saltwater tank and I had both of my fox corals half die. They started getting worse and then a few other (weaker) corals died aswell. Could these dead corals be caused by the decomposition of the fox corals?
 
This would be better in the saltwater section. I don't know all that much about corals. I do know there are certain diseases that can spread from coral to coral. Also, a dead or decaying plant or animal could produce ammonia which could lead to the death of other corals.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top