Deal Of The Century Redux...

lordtrini

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Guys check this deal out...
$280 for everything you see here and more...

the tank is like a 46 gallon
I drove a 4 hour round trip to nab it B4 it was gone...

Long live craigslist

IMG_2415.jpg
 
FISH!!!!! you need fish! :lol:
########
Indeed...

Can this be my oft pined for discus tank...
I can see it now 6 Discus swimming in this beauty...
With plants growing out the wazzzoooo

I am going to set it up tonight, plant it tomorrow, let it sit for 2 weeks or so with just some ghost shrimp and then put 6 2.5 inch discus in it...

what do u guys think...

I came with mature gravel and a mature marine land 350 biowheel filter...
 
Sounds like a good deal.

I am going to set it up tonight, plant it tomorrow, let it sit for 2 weeks or so with just some ghost shrimp and then put 6 2.5 inch discus in it...

what do u guys think...

I came with mature gravel and a mature marine land 350 biowheel filter...
The filter may have been mature and cycled for the fish in it but without fish in there now, the bacteria will die off over a 2 week period and you would be back to scratch. Letting a tank sit does nothing to cycle it as there has to be an ammonia source. A few ghost shrimp won't produce enough ammonia to keep the tank cycled and although I don't know a lot about discus, I do know that you certainly don't want to put discus in an uncycled tank as they need very good water quality. Also, I don't think 46 allons is large enough for 6 discus. They may be ok when small but that seems to be too many for that tank.
 
The light makes it a good deal. What kind of filter did it come with? I'm sorry to be a bubble burster but I have seen better deals on craigslist in my area of Northern NV and Sacramento CA. But with all the stuff and it is a bow front I say you did pretty good.
 
The light makes it a good deal. What kind of filter did it come with? I'm sorry to be a bubble burster but I have seen better deals on craigslist in my area of Northern NV and Sacramento CA. But with all the stuff and it is a bow front I say you did pretty good.


It came with a marine land penguin biowheel 350

I also got a ton of stuff with it
A python, siphon, nets, books, tones of food, testing kits, water treatments, a magnet algea cleaner, air pump and air stones and 50 ft of tubing, two power supplies with a timer that can itemize every day of the week, 2 x 6 inch clown loaches...

And the light is sweet...its a coralite 2 x 96 watts

all for $280...

its close to $1200 worth of stuff...

Sounds like a good deal.

I am going to set it up tonight, plant it tomorrow, let it sit for 2 weeks or so with just some ghost shrimp and then put 6 2.5 inch discus in it...

what do u guys think...

I came with mature gravel and a mature marine land 350 biowheel filter...
The filter may have been mature and cycled for the fish in it but without fish in there now, the bacteria will die off over a 2 week period and you would be back to scratch. Letting a tank sit does nothing to cycle it as there has to be an ammonia source. A few ghost shrimp won't produce enough ammonia to keep the tank cycled and although I don't know a lot about discus, I do know that you certainly don't want to put discus in an uncycled tank as they need very good water quality. Also, I don't think 46 gallons is large enough for 6 discus. They may be ok when small but that seems to be too many for that tank.

good advice...
what can i do in the mean time...

and how about 4 discus in the tank...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top