Dead Snail?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

platyman123

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a mystery snail 3 days ago, and the snail hasn't come out of it's shell since then. I don't know if it's dead, but it certaintly seems dead. It was floating up to the top of the tank this morning, and i alowerd it to lodge itself on to the gravel again, but it still hasn't come out of it's shell, Please HELP!!!!!!

Hi,
I just bought a mystery snail 3 days ago, and the snail hasn't come out of it's shell since then. I don't know if it's dead, but it certaintly seems dead. It was floating up to the top of the tank this morning, and i alowerd it to lodge itself on to the gravel again, but it still hasn't come out of it's shell, Please HELP!!!!!!

whats it look like? Colour? Shape?

If it's color changed to like white, it's dead. (Most likely)
If it smells, for sure it's dead. You can try to tap on it's shell (gently). If it doesn't come out of it's shell, it's dead. Snails don't last very long...

Smell it carefully, just a little sniff. That dead snail smell is so awful it stays in your nose for hours!

It's starting to smell, but not as bad as everyone says. It's a gold mystery snail

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back