strangeworld2002
Fish Crazy
Hi,
I keep having unexpected deaths in my community tank. The latest being my bolivian ram. I had a look at him last night and noticed that he was resting on the sand. I startled him (not on purpose) and he starting moving around again before resting on the sand his belly right against it. This morning I wake up to find him lying dead in the plants. This is the latest in a string of unusual deaths that have come from nowhere, fish have started acting strange and the next day they die. I did think perhaps there is some bullying going on and they are starving themselves as a result but I'm not sure.
Checked my water stats this morning with an API liquid test kit (in date) and the results were as follows:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
PH - 7.5
Any ideas what could be going wrong? the stocking list is in my signature. The death before this was a boesmani rainbow that was skinny and had stopped eating. Before that a tiger barb that I suspect was being bullied by the others.
The tank has been established for about 6 months now.
I keep having unexpected deaths in my community tank. The latest being my bolivian ram. I had a look at him last night and noticed that he was resting on the sand. I startled him (not on purpose) and he starting moving around again before resting on the sand his belly right against it. This morning I wake up to find him lying dead in the plants. This is the latest in a string of unusual deaths that have come from nowhere, fish have started acting strange and the next day they die. I did think perhaps there is some bullying going on and they are starving themselves as a result but I'm not sure.
Checked my water stats this morning with an API liquid test kit (in date) and the results were as follows:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
PH - 7.5
Any ideas what could be going wrong? the stocking list is in my signature. The death before this was a boesmani rainbow that was skinny and had stopped eating. Before that a tiger barb that I suspect was being bullied by the others.
The tank has been established for about 6 months now.







