Dead Guppy - Lots Of Fungus?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hives

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all, After mooving all my fry to a smaller tank I have the perants and a few other female guppies in my biorb 30 with just them and 1 ADF, I woke up this morning to find the guppie who gave birth to the fry dead, upside down coverd in what looked like frost or cotton buds all over it coming about 1 CM off it in all directions, I quickly took it out and gave it a fish funeral however Im worried about the rest of my guppies, They seem fine now but I have read up and it seems to be a fungus infection, anyone know what will get rid of this? I cant get to the LFS today but I have some aqua safe and also a stress coat but I doubt these will help it? any ideas, thanks all

Hey

Are the water stats all OK ? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate ? Whats the PH and temp at ?

Also - are any of the other fish showing any signs of illness, any visible signs or odd behaviour ?

If it is cotton wool like growths, thats normally fungal, I have it on my harlequin :( Interpet Anti fungus should work. Im not an expert on treatments etc though, I only know from my own problems :sick:

Stress coat should be added when you move fish really, bit like a general tonic, it wont do any harm to add some unti you can get some meds if you need them still.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back