Day 19 Of My Fishless Cycle.

We shall see. Fingers crossed for a double zero.

Your nitrates are creeping up pretty high, but your pH has been rock solid. I would keep a close eye on it. You might get a pH crash in the near future, of course, you might not - it all depends on your water's buffering capacity.

DAY 25 7.45 pm

AMMONIA 0

NITRITE 2.0 ppm

NITRATE 100+ ppm

PH 7.4

Although its hard to tell exactly (because the API colours in purple do seem to merge at times ) my Nitrite level has definitely gone up tonight to at least 2.0 ppm.

Nitrate remains 100+

PH is stable at 7.4

Confused ???

John.

DAY 26 - 8.00 am

AMMONIA 0 ( DOSED WITH 3mls )

NITRITE 0

NITRATE 80/100

PH 7.4

John.

You ares still well within the norm of a fishless cycle. A lot of times they will seem to stall a bit with higher nitrates. If you would like to do something, you could do a huge water change, which might just kickstart it again to process more nitrite in 12 hours. (Doing this would actually pause your cycle for a day or two, but after that, it will probably continue from that point without a hitch.)

Its up to you. You'll have to do a massive water change eventually anyway, so its not like its extra work. Just be sure to turn off the filter and heater first. And practice adding temp matched dechlorinated water.

Ok.

I will test again tonight,and if its not double zero I will do a 100% water change.

John.

DAY 26 - 8.00pm

AMMONIA 0

NITRITE 2

NITRATE 100+

PH 7.4

>>>>>>> 95 % WATER CHANGE COMPLETED AT 9.00 pm <<<<<<<

John.

DAY 27 - 7.00 am

AMMONIA 0 ( 3ml of Ammonia added )

NITRITE 0

NITRATE 5.0 ppm

John.

Fingers crossed for you buddy!

DAY 27 - 7.30 pm

AMMONIA 0

NITRITE 0.5

NITRATE 40 ppm (THE READING WAS ACTUALLY 80, BUT MY LOCAL TAP WATER HAS A NITRATE READING OF 40 ppm ) ?

PH 8.0 (NORMAL READING 7.4 )

John.

DAY 28 - 7.30 am

AMMONIA 0 ( re-dosed with 3 ml )

NITRITE 0

NITRATE 40/80

PH 7.4

John.

DAY 28 - 7.30 pm

AMMONIA 0

NITRITE 1

NITRATE 80

PH 7.4

Thoughts ???

John

DAY 29 - 8.00 am

AMMONIA 0

NITRITE 0.25

NITRATE 80/100

PH 7.4

HAS MY CYCLE STALLED AGAIN, OR AM I STILL ON TRACK ?

I did a 95% water change just recently.

John.

I don't think it has "stalled" I just think its taking a little time to get through the entire thing. Patience is the key. How recent was the water change? Sometimes a water change can cause a bit of a pause in the cycle itself. I would do nothing, other than to continue to monitor for a few more days. You are very close to a double zero reading. It is coming!

bump...

You are doing fine... patience is the key now.

Hi,

So I just keep adding dosing with Ammonia every 24 hours and testing every 12 hours as per norm ?

Did a 95% water change 3 days ago btw.

John.

Most reactions

Back