Dawn On The Reef

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

So what are your plans now?
Dunno, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe plaster the walls with zoas. What do you think.
No seriously I think I'm up to the lilitations of the tank and the corals need time to grow and spread. Not to mention my wallet needs a breather. I know I'll need to frag a few things at certain points in the future which will be a natural progression. Weekly maintenance keeps me busy, and I enjoy reading about the subject. Nothing better than a good book.
Logging on here and seeing and reading what the members are up to in their particular threads really keeps the interest alive.
Not too happy with the Clownfish, these were a planned aquisition from the days of conception of this build. I wish I'd waited and maybe gone for Banggai Cardinal Fish or something else. But I made my choice and that I have to stick by.
Currently I'm in the process of building a 2'x2'x2' cube tank including drains and returns, for a fellow reefkeeper whose original tank burst, which keeps me occupied.
No rest for the wicked LOL
Is that blue coraline at the top or a trick of the light?
I'd say it was more green than blue, and its the light shing on my Eheim spraybar return pipe which is situated at the surface pointing front and downward.
Regards
BigC

can feel an upgrade coming on when you run out of room
yeah or a series of pico tanks scattered around your house
Not a cat in hells chance guys. I've had fish-houses and the last one had 100 tanks of varying sizes, so I know the effort involved in maintaining such large numbers of tanks. I'm a one tank man and have no intention of annoying the wife with the stupid notion of an upgrade :angel:
Anyway I'm a strssed out wreck with this little splash in the ocean never mind a whole reef in my living room.
Sorry to dissapoint but this will have to do for now. :devil:
Regards
BigC

can feel an upgrade coming on when you run out of room
yeah or a series of pico tanks scattered around your house
Not a cat in hells chance guys. I've had fish-houses and the last one had 100 tanks of varying sizes, so I know the effort involved in maintaining such large numbers of tanks. I'm a one tank man and have no intention of annoying the wife with the stupid notion of an upgrade :angel:
Anyway I'm a strssed out wreck with this little splash in the ocean never mind a whole reef in my living room.
Sorry to dissapoint but this will have to do for now. :devil:
Regards
BigC

Thats what they all say :lol: :rolleyes: ;)

An amazing tank BigC, great stuff, i to would love to see you upgrade to a bigger tank, 200gl

1. Many Thanks
2. Off course you would.

Thats what they all say
No thats what my wife says LOL

Regards
BigC

'No thats what my wife says LOL'

Ahhhh her in doors, glad to know she has you under control lol

Seffie x

:fish:

Wow, haven't visited this thread in a while but thought I'd stop by. Tank looks amazing BigC. I know you've put in hours of hard work at it, and it really shows, that tank looks great.

If I may offer some advice, spot-feed your blastomussa with a turkey baster. They'll eat just about anything frozen. Mine gobble up mysis/brine. They'll usually ignore the larger chunks but love the medium sized ones. Before I fed my blastos, they barely grew. Once I started giving them a healthy diet their growth exploded from a paltry 2-3 polyps to a big colony of 20+ that's almost the size of my fist now :D

And also, check out your Trachyphyllia Radiata 10 mins after lights out. It'll look like a completely different coral ;)

Cheers Ski, good to see you back.
Yeah things have come on a lot, trying to feed the Blastos and the Duncans is proving easier said than done due to the fact I have 2 cleaner shrimp. Got a good tip of someone on here and that was to cut the bottom of a 500ml drinks bottle and place it over my blastos and Duncans and using the Baster blow the food into the bottle neck and the bottle keeps the shrimp at bay. I copy what you say though.
And also, check out your Trachyphyllia Radiata 10 mins after lights out. It'll look like a completely different coral
Tell me about it, you should see the way they contort into feeding mode, totally different, I initally thought there was something wrong and I was loosing the coral. It swells up massively through the daytime (lights on) and shrivels up in the evening time, when the illumination goes out.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back