Dark brown/maroon shrimp

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Hi guys
Hope all is well.
So I went and picked up some cherry shrimp today as it was a great deal. I got reds, ghost, a couple hybrid which I’m fine with as I don’t sell the guys I do it for the my own personal enjoyment of having shrimp. But anyways, I have this gorgeous little girl that is a dark brown and in the sunlight like a dark browny maroon colour. Figure he’s a hybrid but is this a different stain of wild colour as the wild’s I’ve always had were transparent light brown in colour? I am trying to get a photo but she’s to busy swimming around the tank and only stops for a second before she’s off again

Last edited:
OP
Aussie_Bristle

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
The best I could do after taking around 50 photo’s :rofl: :rolleyes: And he is actually a she so I have fixed that all up.
These are photos only under the light and not the sunlight but you can still notice the maroon/brown colour

Attachments

OP
Aussie_Bristle

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
So someone has said she looks like a black rose shrimp High grade. I have googled them and she pretty much looks like one, so I’m winning if she is

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Beautiful color. Never seen one like that.

OP
Aussie_Bristle

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I know, she is gorgeous. Just got her in a mixed shrimp sale. And I also got a free endler that got into the net and they didn’t see it... Score!!

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Thats Black Choco Shrimp. Mid - Tier Grade. Nice one :) i used to farm a lot of Shrimp. And Black choco are Combination From Blue Dream Shrimp & Red & Yellow Genetic.
Its about 50 : 25 : 25
So you'd be suprised when you got Yellow Shrimp without having one

Last edited:
OP
Aussie_Bristle

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Thats Black Choco Shrimp. Mid - Tier Grade. Nice one :) i used to farm a lot of Shrimp. And Black choco are Combination From Blue Dream Shrimp & Red & Yellow Genetic.
Its about 50 : 25 : 25
So you'd be suprised when you got Yellow Shrimp without having one
Oh thank you for that. Either way I am happy with her. She is a true little beauty. If I have yellow or blue strain babies I will be over the moon as I lost a lot of mine due to an issue that I had in my tank not long ago.

Last edited:

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Oh thank you for that. Either way I am happy with her. She is a true little beauty. If I have yellow or blue stains babies I will be over the moon as I lost a lot of mine due to an issue that I had in my tank not long ago.
I lost all of my shrimp in 1 night not long ago too! :S

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days