Dandyman (64L) Iwagumi-Ish Tank Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Awesome don't forget, don't add ferts for a few weeks and keep your lights reduced as well or you will get algae more like I did, not sure on the co2 front but do your best to keep it stable And can't wait t see some pics

Cool :)

Dont know if you have one of these -

http://www.co2art.co.uk/products/large-curve-tweezers-375mm?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=597765165&gclid=CPagm5Lam8ICFQQTwwodznYAsA

A little bit pricey from Co2Art, cheaper ones can be found from ebay, whch I did buy some for about £3 to £4, worth every penny as makes planting so much easier.

Lets see some pics
photo.gif
  as bet it looks good now :)

Suppose it is about time for them updates... 

Zikofski said:
Awesome don't forget, don't add ferts for a few weeks and keep your lights reduced as well or you will get algae more like I did, not sure on the co2 front but do your best to keep it stable And can't wait t see some pics

I haven't get any ferts yet for the tank, but, I do think I should (fingers crossed/touch wood) be ok. My light Isn't one of the 'strongest' if you like so will be a combi of low light / high Co2 mainly. This is the hope... 

Ch4rlie said:
Dont know if you have one of these -as makes planting so much easier.
Lets see some pics
photo.gif
  as bet it looks good now
smile.png

I do have some of these C, got them from AE originally when I first started, I find it easier using my hands. I found when gripping the plant and burying to the substrate, releasing would just leave the plant loose and not dig the roots fully in. Maybe just takes some skill. But got everything in with a bit of effort. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here was my sketch of my projected plan:

Here are the Tropica plants I had for the carpet:

Here is the front of tank shot at the moment under 24 hours of being 'alive' 

And a side shot... 

Now just need to get my co2 levels up to scratch. I would imagine in a week or so should be a big difference. Not adding ammonia yet. But letting it run for weeks. See how it goes. 

Excellent
smile.png

Give the plants a little while to settle in. They will have enough nutrients to last for a week ot two without needing to add ferts as Zik already mentions.

But looking good and will be great seeing this progress as the plants fills out
wink.png

Yep again I have those AE tweezers and they are endless to thick I did buy some green machine needle tweezers and these are to a point at the end and perfect for playing much nicer to use same with the curved scissors I bought,

But yes no ferts for 2 weeks or even more if u are only low light keep lights on for 6 hr or less a day for 2 weeks as well, and don't add ammonia, your substrate will leak ammonia so test for that :) be careful for high nitrate for a while, also it's recomended to do daily WC for a week to 2 weeks then wc 3x a week for a week of two then 2x a week for a wek or two then 50% weekly that is what is recommended from plant manufactures and the pros :p

Hows progress in this tank now?

Pics ;)

Wow. Just looking at this in the new year (Happy New Year all) and can't believe how much change there is to the tank looking back at these pictures. I will post an update on pictures soon. Looking to get some plant fertiliser to help them a long the way. Riccia doing fantastic others of my carpet plants not as well. But Ricca has spread very well. Hopefully will get some shrimp shortly just monitoring water statistics. Haven't added any ammonia either. 

Sounds good!

photo.gif
  pics required now :p

I love those rocks so much! :wub:

Looking nice, Dandy.

Thanks. Will try get a clear picture. But happy with the progress. Going to get some tropica feterliser. And hopefully short-fully some shrimp after testing water conditions again. 

Yeah, be good to get a update.

Though Dandyman has not been looged on for a little while now :/

Bet the tank looks good with plant growth ;)

Most reactions

Back