JohnRossDele
Fish Herder
Hi
how long roughly will it take 2 cycle my 100 litre fish tank, im using 9.5% ammonia supplement & nutrafin cycle

its called; Starpax HOUSEHOLD, Ammonia Solution (contains AMMONIA 9.5% w/w)There is no set time i'm afraid, just keep testing your water and once your filter can process 5ppm of ammonia in 12 hours and you've had a qualifying week of clear results you should be good to go.
I know you need pure house hold ammonia (you say you are using ammonia suppliment? I'm not familier with this could you explain more?) personally i consider bottled bacteria ultimately useless as the bacteria are long dead before they get to your tank.
Best of luck![]()
The water doesnt matter.
Its the filter sponge etc. that has the bacteria, not the water.
YF
Roughly? it can be several weeks, the mature media squeezings will help shorten it but be careful not to overdose the ammonia 5ppm and NO more.
I'd advise you read the article on cycling in the beginner section thoroughly
right oExcellent - now PATIENCE!!!!
(and no buying fish!)