Cycle Results

There is no nitrate in my tap water, I tested it to start with as in first result. I am guessing the ammonia is beggining to be broke down due to cycle.
 
The reason I don't think it is ammonia being processed is that you don't have any nitrite. And since you just set up the tank, there wouldn't be any nitrite processing bacteria present to produce nitrate. I think the WC is why the ammonia is lower. It would be virtually impossible for 2 ppm of ammonia to be procssed into 5 ppm of nitrate in only one day without using an mature media to seed the tank.
 
The reason I don't think it is ammonia being processed is that you don't have any nitrite. And since you just set up the tank, there wouldn't be any nitrite processing bacteria present to produce nitrate. I think the WC is why the ammonia is lower. It would be virtually impossible for 2 ppm of ammonia to be procssed into 5 ppm of nitrate in only one day without using an mature media to seed the tank.

oh, ok. I will leave it alone.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top