Cycle a new tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Personally what would you do coz I dont wanna rush this last stage n mess it all up, how long it take you to cycle on your final stage

Just a thing that im confused about Ive not seen not 1 bit of nitrite at all, if the ammonia 0 in morning ill put more in until it goes 0 in 24 hours i dont wanna mess up this last since im close to cycling how long did it take on final stage for you

Since you have no nitrite and only a tiny amount of ammonia, the cycle is almost complete. With mine it was nitrite that took ages to reach zero.
Yes, adding another dose of ammonia is the way to be 100% certain, though I'm sure a lot of other people would say your readings are close enough now.

I cant thank you enough you been so much help so when reaches 0 i add more in n if dosent go 0 in 24 hours do I add more in i just texted again n its the faidiest of greens now so its gone from 2 days to pro s day n half to go to 0.25 so I reckon i be there very soon

It won't be very much longer with your results. You are at the stage now where you can add 3 ppm ammonia whenever the reading are close to zero until they both are at zero after 24 hours.

Yeah great just want over with now its just a it comfusing through out the cycle Ive not seen no nitrite why that

You used Dr Tim's One & Only. The nitrite eaters in there are probably eating all the nitrite as soon as the ammonia eaters make it. If you hadn't used it, you'd probably have a lot of nitrite in the water by now.

It's like forth time now I put in ammonia and its clearing in a day how come ? I'm just wondering why it's taking a while

The thing is that we are dealing with biological entities and they never do nice predicable things.

I meant not clearing up in 24 hours so I just keep adding more until it does go to 0

Over 1ppm so so about 1.5 ppm it's the slightest of greens I bet it's in 0.25 mark after 24 hours

Next question - what type of light are you reading the test under? Daylight, electric light - if electric, what type of bulb (halogen, fluorescent, LED)? The reason is that some types of bulb can make the liquid look greener than it really is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back