Culturing Infusoria

Feather_Sword

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I just started a culture of infusoria (incase of newborn fry emergencies), and I have powdered egg whites for food. From what I have researched on the net, they say to start with six one quart jars, however because of mom I can only use one.

How and when should I feed the infusoria (I started the culture last night), should the jar be covered or uncovered (right now it is uncovered), and should it be in a dark place or can I leave it by my aquarium (my jar is currently by my aquarium)?

Also, how big would a 'dab' be of powdered eggs for the infusoria?
 
if you are really seriuos about culturing insuforia, set up a small planted tank with good lighting and jsut let it be. top it off when water gets low and they WILL show up.
 
TAKE AN OPEN JAR OF AQUARIUM WATER AND DROP A PIECE OF SLIGHTLY BOILED POTATOE AND LEAVE FOR ABOUT A WEEK UNTIL CLOUDY AND WHITE. TO FEED THE FRY POUR PREFERED AMOUNT INTO TANK.

THERE IS ALSO MANY PRODUCTS YOU CAN USE. TRUST ME YOUR FRY WILL LOVE IT!




FRY ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HUNGRY NEARLY ALL THE TIME, YOU CAN'T OVER FEED THEM, BUT IF YOU NOTICE YOUR TANK IS STILL CLOUDY THE NEXT TIME YOU FEED THEM DON'T FEED AS MUCH, IT'S BASICLY TRAIL AND ERROR.......SORT OF........
 

Most reactions

Back
Top