Culturing Dapnia

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Having been told that frozen bloodworms comes back to life once they're put into your aquarium, I'm now sceptical of advice from my local pet shop owner..... He now advises me to start a Daphnia culture simply by putting cow manure into a pond and the Daphnia will appear (naturally) within about 2 weeks......Maybe he's right, maybe not, but I remain sceptical??
 
Daphnia culture simply by putting cow manure into a pond and the Daphnia will appear (naturally) within about 2 weeks......Maybe he's right, maybe not, but I remain sceptical
Does happen, but for quicker culture it's best to innoculate this with a starter culture of Daphnia/cyclops etc from an existing pond.
Regards
BigC
 
Daphnia culture simply by putting cow manure into a pond and the Daphnia will appear (naturally) within about 2 weeks......Maybe he's right, maybe not, but I remain sceptical
Does happen, but for quicker culture it's best to innoculate this with a starter culture of Daphnia/cyclops etc from an existing pond.
Regards
BigC

& obviously not the bloodworm theory, or is he brighter than I give him credit for??
 
here is cultures if ur after?

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\Live Daphnia (Water Fleas) Starter Cultures at Aquarist Classifieds.mht
 
Ah! we cannot access your desktop cus thats were you've saved it.
Anyway Lud lives in SA.
Regards
BigC
 

Most reactions

Back
Top