Cuddling Bettas

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say end this topic now, even though other fish keepers would not attempt this, he obviously did and it worked.

Holy cow!

Fair enough these fish USUALLY kill each other but everyone knows that every now and then some things just work! It's like some one saying "you can't keep a jack rusell a rabbit and a cat together since the dog will kill them both" well guess what? it can be fine! a couple of years ago i had a hamster and a cat, the hamster would use the cat as a matress! the cat didnt kill it!

I agree, ive seen alot of animals pair up that would otherwise be called suicide, like the lion and dog, which is crazy.

So what i say is that, if it works for him let him carry on. I wouldnt suggest trying to spawn them though. That could cause disaster.

i have to agree, although they look cute together, they look very ill sitting at the top. seperate them!

I really don't understand what all the fuss was about, and personally I think the OP should get off his high horse. Theres a conventional wisdom that males and females should only be kept together unless breeding, and I don't see the harm in people being reminded of that - especially when theres signs from the photo concerned that those fish aren't too healthy. And its a fact of life - even the most experienced fishkeepers get it wrong sometimes, so where precisely is the harm in expressing an opinion that may preserve the life of the fish concerned?

If the OP doesn't like that, its fine - no-ones threatening to break down his door and physically relocate the two betta's. A simple, "Thanks, no thanks," would have sufficed.

Everything after that in this thread was pure politics which you have to lol at.

yeah i only got like halfway through the post so it wouldnt surprise me if someone said this already but the bettas probably can be ok. maybe the male betta is gay, and thats ok. :D but if its working for you then do that.

as for the first picture the fish didnt look good. dont get mad at those who said that because you dont have a good camera. a

hmm, I've found topics on 4chan that are more friendly than this one. Lots of hostility among fish keepers I guess.

Are the people who are saying "It can work" actually kept bettas? =/

they can be fine together for months, and then just turn on each other.

*Wishes this topic would die now* :zz

hmm, I've found topics on 4chan that are more friendly than this one. Lots of hostility among fish keepers I guess.

It's not so much about hostility. There are many dedicated fish keepers on here who are very passionate about their fish, and get upset when they see less than ideal conditions. Besides, the written word expresses very little emotion and leaves it up to the reader to interpret. What sounds hostile to one person may not to another.

Besides, the written word expresses very little emotion and leaves it up to the reader to interpret. What sounds hostile to one person may not to another.

Thats why I tell so many people to #### off - no room for ambiguity there :D

As much as I hate to say this but I don't think the OP is gonna listen to the voice of reason.
It seems like one of them situations where we all have to stand back and wait for the unavoidable to happen.

Males and Females can't live 2getha it's plain and simple.
They will deal with each other for a lil while but one is gonna get sick of it
or there both gonna be too tired to fight and give up and basically die.

Guess we just gotta wait for it to happen and maybe then the OP will see the error of there ways.
As much as everyone has the fishes welfare in mind when they post there reason isn't anything we can
do unless he listens.

Maybe you should stop caring about FISH so much? It's just two fish! Not just any fish, but bettas! The lowest species available in the trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back