CSP and dwarfs together?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
One of these days (I expected it to be 2 months ago) I'm going to get $340 And then I'm going to set up a 55 gallon and when I do I'm going to search for a CSP (or preferably 2) and put them into the 55 and move in my DP (mabey even build some more little caves and get him a mate) will they be okayor will the DP become a snack. CSP's have a rputation for being kind puffers and there will be hideing spaces/lots to breack up the line of sight.

Thanks

Hi opcn.

Not sure what CSP stands for :blink: If you are speaking of Colomesus asellus (South American puffer), I find they make good tankmates for Dwarfs (barring psycho personalities on either side). I keep 3 S/A's with 10 Dwarfs and 2 Auriglobus modestus in a heavily planted 35 gal tank and they get along fine, sometimes they even hang out together and play in the current.
If you are referring to Congo Puffers (Tetraodon schoutedeni) I believe they would do well with Dwarfs, but are not readily available in the hobby as far as I know. Occasionally someone will find one mixed in with Fig 8's or GSP's, but most times shops are selling GSP's as Congo Puffers. Be careful to get a good ID before purchasing one. Wetwebmedia has a good pic of a Congo, looks like a cross between a Fig 8 and GSP.

Yes, I mean the Congo Spoted puffer; Assuming I can find one. I would want a GSP but they need brackish water.

the common name Congo puffer usually refers to a piscavore whos scientific name has escaped me but they are large and yello and they have there eyes neer the top of there head.

Thanks for the response

Opcn

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back