Cryptoheros Cutteri 'rio Mongu' Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Thought i would start a journal on my new fishies. :D

Courtesy of Always Learning, i am now the proud owner of a pair of Cryptoheros Cutteri 'Rio Mongu' F1's. Have decided to give them their own tank and attempt to breed them. They have bred before so it shouldn't be too hard a task. The tank is a Rio 180 so they have plenty of space to raise the fry. :good: Good news is that they're already dancing around one another and staying close to the centre of the scape.

The female does have a little mark on her nose from being in the bag with her mate, but it's only superficial and should heal pretty soon. They really are amazing fish, their colouration is brilliant. All the other Cryptoheros i have owned have never had the bulk that these have, in fact by comparisson my Jade Eyeds (Spilurum) were miniscule!!! :blink:

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of their new home. Granted not as big as their previous one, but it is all theirs rather than sharing it with some big #17##### tankmates. :lol:

Cutteri Tank by David Raynham, on Flickr

Cryptoheros Cutteri by David Raynham, on Flickr

And finally, in situ :)

Cutteri Tank by David Raynham, on Flickr

Will keep it updated with any changes and progress.

Thanks for looking.

Love it.. can I have them back now please, along with the tank?
wahey.gif

There's plenty of growing to do but the bulk is down to me, as all my fish seem like they have been on steroids compared to a lot I see. 50% a week change, NLS food fed regular and strong flow. It's bulk up or find yourself pinned to the side of the glass
laugh.gif

Glad you're happy with them and I'm sure they'll colour up back to normal in a day or two.. then breeding dress the day after.

Ps: The Acara have bred again and are looking mighty fine... though the Flash Pleco is feeling a bit stuffed after all them eggs.

You're joking! Knew I should of had them too. :shout:

:lol:

Gonna order some NLS today. :) they had bloodworm and daphnia last night which went down a treat. Will also do a small water change. I may clean the filter too just to increase flow a little, it must be ready after all the upheavel just lately.

I love it! I love the layout and I love the fact that it's just them in it. Really looking forward to seeing their efforts :good:

Thanks Caz. :) eventuall plan to make it a biotape for them. Got Wills helping me out. Fancying some swordtails.

I do indeed. Nothing but good things to say about NLS.. Been using it for a good couple of years I think now and have fed it to pretty much every group of fish from community to predators
good.gif

How are they getting on? Have they bred for you yet?

Why ya gotta use flippin Flickr!? I can't see your pictures when I'm skiving at work... :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back