Crowntail Mustard Gas Spawn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cation said:
I do wish you the best of luck. Joker, some of them WILL grow - if you are keeping the water clean and they are eating well (which I know you are and I sure hope they are! :D ), you just have to play the waiting game. Mine had a spurt, but they still have a way to go.

One thing I'm discovering is just what a waiting game betta breeding can be - you condition and wait, mate and wait, free swim and wait, eat and wait, poop and wait, breath and wait, grow and wait, color and wait, sex identification and wait....you seeing a pattern here? I know I am... :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh well, I can use a bit more patience anyway....
Thanks Cation

The waiting game is hard...... :sad:

I just hope its worth it...... :nod:

Thanks for keeping my thread alive

Ur like the only person that makes me want to keep updates

hows ur fry?

Ive been doing water chnages every 2 days

Sometimes everyday

But since I got school...... :X

wuvmybetta said:
JoKeR said:
There 3 WEEKS OLD!

Well they were yesterday

Im starting to think there gonna stay rinty

Which I hope not.... :unsure:

Wish me luck

Happy B-Day..... :*)
Happy Birthday little fry :mama: :mama: :mama:

I'm sure they're growing just fine. They really are teeny tiny at 3 weeks old. They should double up in size over the next two weeks. Just remember how hungry they are though. Try to keep live food in the tanks at all times. Eat,sleep,poop and grow. That's all they do right now. In two weeks or so (quite possibly less) they're going to realize that the guy who has been feeding them all this time is pretty ok. And they'll start gathering at the front to get a closer look. I love that.
Thanks wuv

Missed ur post sorry...... :p

I would really like to see how they huddle up..... :wub:

BBS sometimes doesant hatch Pfttt :X

Im getting some grindals this week or tommorow to be exact

When can they be fed the grindals?

My near 3 week olds won't even touch grindals yet. Actually they run away from them :rofl: I think they'll take the grindals in a week or two,which gives you time to get a really good culture going.

Dammit Dammit

They got ICH

What should I do what Should I get?

Oh, Joker, that's a shame. I think that if there isn't already salt to add that, and you HAVE to start doing daily water changes. As for what to use, Linda and I have both used copper based medicine successfully, and I can't remember what wuv uses, but I'll look it up in her thread.

Hello

Well Im back from LFs

I bought some Marcide

Since I couldnt find Aquarisol

Im gonna do treatment right now

Well Update

I just finished doing a 50% Water change I added there medicine and I found out its not ICH But Its Velvet....Wuv and other members recommended me Aquarisol and Marcide By Mardel. I went to My lFS right after school. Went looking for both And didnt find any in Petsmart or my LFS. Then I went to this other mom and pop shop. Very dirty tanks but Ureka! I found some Marcide. It was 5 dollars each little bottle. Im doing anything possible to save my litte buggers. Even if I gotta sacrifice my time. Thats what Betta Breeding is all about. This experiances have not made me weaker but Stronger since kow I could Learn from my mistakes. And will preapred me for my next spawn. Im saving up money to buy another tank Hood/Light and a Heater to do my next spawn in.

Well I see about 30-50 fry left Other might be hiding in the floor or behind the fliter. They still seem small they like hanging on the top I guess it means there labrynth oragan might wanna kick in. Theres many sizes in this spawn.

Biggest ___

Smalles __

I think were on the right Schedule

I still dont see nor Anal or Dorsal fins

And plus Linda said that the Velvet might slow down the growth

There getting BBS only since the MWs are still kicking in.

Well did a water change

Looks like they still got velvet

They just recieved some Frozen BBS

Tommorow gonna get some frozen daphina

I was cleaning the other 10 gallon for a grow-out

Or im just gonna use that 20 gallon long

Thats the updates.......

Thanks Rain

Guess what I noticed

DORSAL AND ANAL FINS!

I took a picture of the fry with my Camera phone

And I tok a big look I notice they had there Dorsal fin and there Anal fins