Creating a moss carpet

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tonitetra

Reaction score
I really want to get a moss carpet in my tank. I tried to buy one online but they are only sold in like 5"-10" pieces. I have a 45 gallon so i would definitely need more than that. I know that I can buy some moss and sandwich it between two pieces of mesh, but can i do the same with moss seeds? I guess what i am asking is how to create a moss carpet with seeds, if possible?

Hi the seeds that are being sold at the moment don’t seem to be legit - most aquatic plants only reproduce by prolongation or division. If you think about it how can seeds be made when there is little to pollen underwater.

Have you considered any other types of carpeting plants? Helanthium Tenelum or Lilliopsis Brasilliensis could be good options especially if you use root tabs and plant densely from the start.

Wills

Hmmm I didn’t know that the seeds were not legit. I would be open to other carpet plants and I do use root tables the flourish ones by seachem. So can I sandwich the seeds between the mesh and wait for them to sprout ? Also what’s a legit place to buy the seeds from?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back