Crash, bang wollop

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Davy Reynolds

The First Ever Member
Reaction score
We I lost a few fish yesterday. The reason I can come up with is a ph crash. The ph is so yellow it's nearly red (talking about the colour chart) the only prob is I've not got a hardness test kit to check it yet. ;)

So sod and a few other things. Looks like I've got a bit work to do :laugh:

Second thing you've got to do is figure out how come it go so acidic all of a sudden. m8 You know what the first thing is!
I'm just in and need ffod so I cant remember if it's hard water that tends to be acidic or is it ment to be soft.

that's bad news dude. wonder what caused that. I think I would get some KH and GH test kits to see what those are. They may give a clue. Rose

ffod sounds good, do you need to go some where specail for it? :laugh:
Yeah i'll get the test kit to what the kh is. My one thoughs is it's this the tap water checks out fine. :)

That would explain alot now wouldn't it. what a mess. Rose

Okay a wee update. After trying to alter the KH i've managed to get it to 2deg's. So I'll add another bit tomorrow, so that the pH is not coming up to fast.

What I'm using is Baking Soda. I'm using 5ml for my tank which is 212liters I've added this twice a few hours apart and each giving a rise of a degree :)

Well I'd love to tell how the tank is now, but the missus has planked eveything on top of the fish tank, looks like I won't see it for weeks :laugh:

Trust me, never build a hood that the whole top has to open :what: :laugh:

I hope she didn't put the kids there. lol :laugh:

:( Davy, I've got the same problem up here in Invnss, the water is very soft and if I don't buffer it the ph crashes to under 5!! I use small pieces of tufa rock, coral chips or crushed shell in all my tanks to keep it stable. If you need more info pm me. :D Mac.

After living here for three years this is the first time is has happened. I also checked the tap water and the kh was also zero.

Do you treat the tap water or leave the tank to do the work ;)

Most reactions

Back