Couple Of Lil Things

stonedcamel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
firstly, im not sure of my aquarium set up, which i will post pics in the members tanks area for critism :unsure:

ok..... i have posted for a while but i come on here very often and read what is going on and keep gaining knowledge, my tank is holding up very but im just wondering how to clean the inside of the glass a bit more easily? at the mo i use a scrub, scourer pad from the kitchen (clean and un used of course). just wondering if easier way or how others do it? algae on the glass btw lol

secondly.... how often do u visit your LFS? i very rarely visit mine but quite a few people visit theres regularly from what i can read.

ok, thats it, for now i think!

You can buy several products for cleaning the glass but I do the same as you, I have a plastic pan scrubber that I use that is only for the fish tank (one per tank, replaced often). You can buy magentic algae scrapers which I'm told are great for bigger tanks or algae scrapers on long poles but they look a little unweildy for me. As long as your scrubber isn't damaging the glass then there is no reason I can think of why you shouldn't use it ):

I'm in my favourite LFS every week buying food for my bearded dragons and having a nosy round but if I'm not setting up a tank or need anything specific I don't buy much on a regular basis.

I use a a kitchen scourer for my tank 15p for 5 I think from Tesco!! I've used the magnets, but they have scratched my tank so I steer clear of those. I've had my nephews thinking they were doing me a favour, cleaning the glass with one of the magnets, then I hear the distinct sound of gravel on glass, a bit of gravel trapped in between the magnet and tank.

Most reactions

Back