🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Fish-Tank-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

PL30%2005.jpg

PL30%2001.jpg

PL30%2003.jpg

I'm guessing that the light output is probably going to be awful. I admit I don't know a whole lot about planted tanks, but I imagine the standard lamp that comes with it would be the incorrect spectrum. Is there a different tube I could put in it to make it better? It's for a 10ish gallon.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's only 9 watts...which really isnt too much on a 10 gallon -_- .

You can buy desk lamps that take the same type of bulb (except 11 watts) for £7 at ikea :good:

eBay page isn't working so I dunno about the colour of the actual bulb, but you could always go with an original tropical bulb for the Arcadia arcpods (which i think are great for small tanks, though they are expensive when the aforementioned ikea lamps can give you the same lighting cheaper).

I really want a show tank with luminaire though, thats the thing. And I begrudge paying arcadia prices on a 2ft tank

See Im not sure about the arcpods, again they only come in a maximum of 11w. I'd need 2. I'd still rather go for the luminaire look as well.

Any ideas?

I'd still rather go for the luminaire look as well.

Any ideas?
make one :) there's enough threads and article on the web documenting how to you just have to have a look for them :good:

I'd still rather go for the luminaire look as well.

Any ideas?
make one :) there's enough threads and article on the web documenting how to you just have to have a look for them :good:

I neglected to mention that I am absolutely 100% hopeless at anything DIY.

I'll take a look though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back