Could Someone Id This?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Hey.
I carnt name where this is, (I agreed with someone I wouldnt name it).
But I saw it today, and noone has an idea what it is.
May be someone could help me?
It was in with RTS but noticed it ate one last night. :crazy:
So its on its own now.
Picture:
1qga69.jpg


YF
 
dont you mean rainbow shark ....
sorry no clue what i is... the fins do suggest mudskipper like you said but the face confuses me
 
Its not a Mudskipper
Looking at the double dorsal finnage it may be a Darter sp.
but I could be wrong :lol:

ATB
C
 
looks like a mud skipper cross pike wierd
also bigc have you seen my uploading photos guide for begginers tell me what you think in its thread
sorry to hijack yf
 
Like I say it could be a species of Darter. There are many
something like
Tesselated Darter (Etheostoma olmstedi)
[URL="http://www.colonialprep.org/Tessellated%20darter.jpg"]http://www.colonialprep.org/Tessellated%20darter.jpg[/URL]
but as I say I'm not 100% certain
ATB
C
There are three clues why this fish is NOT darter.

1. Since when fullgrown darters can swallow a RTS? Most darter species only reach 3 inch long.

2. Its head and mouth doesn't look right for a darter.

3. It looks like a sleeper or goby than a darter.
 
Yep Butch, I'm tending to agree with you on this now.
The eyes are too high set to be a Darter and being a Mogurnda would also explain the live lunch.
Good call M8
ATB
C
 

Most reactions

Back
Top