Could i keep 2 bettas in a 20 gallon hexagon tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WeedyGonzalez

Reaction score
Again me n the wife are having a debate. She wants to keep 2 betas in a 20 gallon hexagon tank when I feel if we're gonna keep 2 beta one should be in our long tank the other in our hexagon. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated

A long tank is definitely better for Bettas than a high, though if you mean the long you posted with goldfish in the welcome thread- I would reccomend only getting one betta and putting him in the 20 alone. Bettas are tropical and should be kept 78°F and goldfish and their relatives are coldwater which do better kept around 70°F

Again me n the wife are having a debate. She wants to keep 2 betas in a 20 gallon hexagon tank when I feel if we're gonna keep 2 beta one should be in our long tank the other in our hexagon. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated
2 females is maybe fine, get ones that are less agressive.
id just reccomend one male and some plants and some little neon buddies

I agree.

One male per tank, no more.
Male and females should only be in the same tank very briefly for breeding, and only then under close supervision with the female removed immediately afterwards.
Many people have tried multiple females in the same tank and it has ended in disaster. This should not be attempted by anyone new to bettas.

Please listen to members like EllRog who have a lot of experience with bettas.

Most reactions

trending

Back