Could I have Ottos?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Loupe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a terrible algae problem and don't want a SAE or a CAE.(know that theyre different.) At the moment the fish seem fine; no problems in behaviour, they don't look stressed. I'd be much obliged to you if you could answer my question
Thanks
James

Well according to the Kind of fish in your signature the answer would be yes but to whether or not it is too many in the tank I would have to know a lot more. How long has it been set up, what's your cleaning schedule/feeding, and how big are your fish, just to name a few - do you feel it is over crowded already?

ALASKA

It is 6 months old. The dwarf Gouramis are the biggest- about 3 inches each. I feed them quite strictly- 1 pinch of flake when I get home at around 5. 2 tablets for corys after the lights are off at about 9ish. I don't feel theyr'e overcrowded but I don't know much about ottos.
Thanks,
James.

How many gallons is 30UK gallons in US?

The thing with ottos is they like to be in groups. A group of 3-5 would be a good number to get. I got all my ottos 1 at a time as algae in my tank began to grow. SInce you said you had a prob, you could perhaps get 3 at a time and put them in.

None of the fish in your tank will really pick on them too much. They kinda sit perched on your plants all day and are most active at night.

But the main issue is overcrowding if you feel you have room, get three

I think otos would be fine in your tank, I have 4 with barbs and kribs and they are great, They don't get very big and tend to stick to plants etc so don't take up much swimming room anyway.

Only thing is, they need live plants.

Most reactions

Back