Could I add more guppies in my tank with aquarium salt in?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guppylover3x

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
I want to add some more guppies into my tank tomorrow or the day after. I treated the fish for salt due to flashing and kept it in the water for 12 days. Iā€™ve catried out 2 water changes over the last couple of days one 50% and another 40%. My question is if Iā€™m just adding guppies into my tank and not any other fish could I add more within the next 2 days? Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

You should quarantine all fish before adding them to the community. Otherwise you are risking bringing disease into the tank. That being said, the water changes have diluted the salt. Perhaps do one more 75% w/c.

You should quarantine all fish before adding them to the community. Otherwise you are risking bringing disease into the tank. That being said, the water changes have diluted the salt. Perhaps do one more 75% w/c.

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm I did a 75% water change today whilst removing my plants from there pots and planting them they donā€™t look very happy. Iā€™m making sure all the salts out before replacing them. Thanks for your help :)

Sorry I forgot to add to the previous post. Iā€™d definitely have a quarantine tank if I had a large fish tank and was constantly stocking it. My tanks 10g and I have 4 guppies Iā€™m at the moment. However I do understand that itā€™s better to have one and I have considered it before when receiving bad batches of fish in the past. I do have a spare tank that I was going to set up for a Betta but Iā€™m sure others would agree that itā€™s put to other use maybe? Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back