Corys in a 10 gal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chaotica2010

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How many is comfortable I guess is what I am asking? Do they get along with frogs? Snails? I am setting up a 10 gallon community tank and am just thinking of ideas

depends what else you want in there, but a trio of them would be nice :) i think they get along with frogs, they definitely do with snails :D

depends on the cory and other bottom dwellers. if you go with pandas, they only get to one inch long, so 3-6 is good (3 if have other bottom dwellers, 6 is they'll have the floor to themselves). most other cories (expect the tiny pygmys) get to around 2 inches so three or 4 would be quite comfortable. i have 4 pandas, one reticulated and one spotted in my ten and they have plenty of space with some plants, a rock wall thingy and a large rock cave (when i clean, ALL my fish, the cories and five mollies, hide in it :lol: ). if the frog is an ADF and not the clawed kind, they should be fine wiht the frog (been considering one myself...), see no problem with the snail.

some cories are more active than others (like pandas and albinos) and some will be more active only at night. just an fyi (my pandas are all over all the time, the other two only come out after lights out in the evenings).

you can put 6-8 of them easily in there... i have way more then that in my ten gal cory tanks.. as long as u do frequent water changes.. (at least once a week) you will have no problems

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back