Cory's Eye Torn Out!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

LyraGuppi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I woke up to find one of my albino cory's eye torn out. the eyeball is gone, it is just the flesh sticking out. I can't get a picture. He is in a sorority with 5 other cories, abd acts fine other than being blind in one eye. I have a 5 gallon which is holding my 4 guppy babies, but I think they'll pick on it too. What should I do?

Ps, the sponge filter with the babies is mature. Should I put the cory in a ice creme bucket  for now?

Do small daily water changes, a missing eye does not affect a fish that badly.

What other fish are in the tank with the cory?  Do you happen to know how the injury happened?

The cory itself should recover just fine.  Clean water and low stress should ensure quick healing.  The thing I have found in this situation is dealing with possible shock from the injury.  This is especially important to watch out for if the situation that caused the injury is not fixed (example - an aggressive fish that done the damage continuing to attack the injured fish).

The other bettas are being good bettas to the cories, and "One Eyed Willy's" eye is healed up nicely. Thank you!

Most reactions

Back