Corys breeding every day?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've got 16 adult corys, 8 Albino's, 1 bronze, 2 Emerald's, 4 Peppers and 1 panda and 7 pepper fry in with them 2mths old.

What actually causes them to breed daily except for the one odd day break as i'm clueless with the cause as they send the tank in to a frenzy state?

From what I've heard, spawning fish release hormones that often spurs others to spawn, so likely the first group set the rest of them off!

When people are trying to induce spawning in a trickier species, they sometimes take water from the tank of another species that spawned. Like spawning some bronzes and using some of that water with the hormones in it to try to spawn a rarer, more difficult cory.

I'm not sure if that's what's happening here, but that would be my guess :) Especially if you've been feeding them well on good quality food and conditions are good, they're getting it on while the gettings good... ;)

Especially if you've been feeding them well on good quality food and conditions are good, they're getting it on while the gettings good...
It's definitely hormones as they rub one another to kick off and my fry come up on the adult food in the tank, i grind bug bites and add a few granules of a morning because of my top fish and come afternoon i grind bug bites again and add 2 Tetra minitabs split in half and i drop them in areas besides pellets.
Plus there's loads of oxygen and pressure going in and water qualities fine but my tank does hold good nutrition.

you probably have a good number of females so they are taking it in turn releasing their eggs
4 female albino to 4 males and i can't forget the bonze :rofl: 2 males peppers to 2 female and the one resembles a whale she's being stubborn breeding and 1 female emerald to 1 male emerald and my panda is a male and he chases the albino's...now you know why i walk away :rolleyes:

It's definitely hormones as they rub one another to kick off and my fry come up on the adult food in the tank, i grind bug bites and add a few granules of a morning because of my top fish and come afternoon i grind bug bites again and add 2 Tetra minitabs split in half and i drop them in areas besides pellets.
Plus there's loads of oxygen and pressure going in and water qualities fine but my tank does hold good nutrition.

Nice! You captured the bronze male and the albino female in the T position :D Plus an albino busily cleaning the glass ready to place her eggs around the filter.

You're clearly doing a lot right! Nice to see happy, active cories

Nice! You captured the bronze male and the albino female in the T position :D Plus an albino busily cleaning the glass ready to place her eggs around the filter.

They always lay eggs on the top and sides of U2 and on the back of U4 but now it's the plants, they've never placed eggs on the glass.
It used to be a weekly ritual but it's extended now for quite a few months well before christmas on a daily basis.

They always lay eggs on the top and sides of U2 and on the back of U4 but now it's the plants, they've never placed eggs on the glass.
It used to be a weekly ritual but it's extended now for quite a few months well before christmas on a daily basis.
I don't know what U2 and U4 means

Thanks RV and a lot of work with it, i hope your keeping well and your own fish :)
Been very busy lately, One of my 29 gallon tanks sprung a leak last week and I had to move the fish and plants into my other 29 gallon tank-it is a little crowded, The tank was leaking out of the bottom. I seem to be having issues with leaking tanks lately. It is another old tank. Not sure if I am going to replace it or not.

Been very busy lately, One of my 29 gallon tanks sprung a leak last week and I had to move the fish and plants into my other 29 gallon tank-it is a little crowded, The tank was leaking out of the bottom. I seem to be having issues with leaking tanks lately. It is another old tank. Not sure if I am going to replace it or not.
Sorry to hear about your tank it's all you needed & moving stuff, I know if that happened to mine god knows what I would do not having a spare like yourself. I did have my main & 3 small tanks on the go, then hubby caught covid so looking after him & my own health, I passed my blue female Betta over to my son in law in the hexagon tank & put my koi Betta in the females tank & gave my hubbies tank with fish to another family member ?

I've took a video of my baby pepper's to show you, I've not got a clue how many there is as they're all over the tank & spend a lot of time at the back & in the false silk plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back