Corydoras Weitzmani Breeding Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Does it get some early morning sun rays they are a great trigger for spawning.
Yes it does :)

My peppereds were at it again this morning, 3 eggs, but the dopes ate them before I had chance to remove them :|
Yeah I suspect these guys eat some too.

I collected 6 total from this spawn, so I shall see lol

Collected a couple more eggs today.

All the large eggs are weitzmani eggs. There's 1 pygmy cory egg in there close to hatching.

20200929_200534.jpg

Neat to see the size difference in their eggs
20200929_200544.jpg

That water looks quite clear, do the alder cones not give off much tannins?

Ive moved my 4 adults back to the community. The remaining eggs stay in my nursery, ill see if they hatch but I dont think ill have luck.

20201003_001830.jpg

If I try again, my final try will be with RO water

Gently roll them off the sides of the tank or off the leaves using a clean finger.
Don't think I'm a smart ass, but after a lot of looking, I found an eye dropper at a pharmacy that was the right size for a cory egg so I would place it over the egg and suck it off, it works a treat. You want to try and not touch the egg for best results

Don't think I'm a smart ass, but after a lot of looking, I found an eye dropper at a pharmacy that was the right size for a cory egg so I would place it over the egg and suck it off, it works a treat. You want to try and not touch the egg for best results
Ive tried it too. It doesn't work for the ones laid on plants unfortunately.

But I use it for handling eggs after they're in the nursery.

Can you tell when they've consumed their yolk sac? I read that they're more active when they have, but mine have been wriggling from day 1

Can you tell when they've consumed their yolk sac? I read that they're more active when they have, but mine have been wriggling from day 1
Yeah you can tell. They look much slimmer than when they first hatched and are more coordinated with their movements

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back