Cory Tank Mates

sykogngsta

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
240
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colorado
What would be some good tank mates for Corys in a 29 gallon tank? Would Bolivian Rams be ok? or would they be too agressive towards the Cories?
 
in my opinion, they will be ok together, just make sure the rams have enough space if you plan to breed them; they, being cichlids, get really aggresive when caring for their young. cories also have quite a spiny body, and a adult cory will be able to escape most attacks, if they are ever to happen.
 
I've got normal/german blue rams in a tank with cory's and I've had no problems. In all fairness, my cory's (or one of them anyway) will kick the #### out of anything up to and including a betta that lived in there.
 
So I guess i migth be able to have some Rams with the corys then...

Does anyone else have any advice?

If i had 5 corys and 2 Rams could I add in a school of tetras?
 
Easily, I've got more than that in a 16g and am understocked (its a mature tank mind.)
 
I have 1 Ram, 1 Angel, 3 Diamond Tetras, 4 Corys, and a school of Rasboras in my 29 gal. Very pretty !
 
I guess i might get:

6-10 Neon Tetras
5 Panda Cories or 6 peppered Cories
1-2 Bolivian rams or 1 Black lace angelfish

Does this mix sound good?

Also would i have room for anything else or would this be good enough...
 
I've heard that angels will eat neon tetras

But ive got the other 3 and they are getting on ok so far
 
I've heard that angels will eat neon tetras

But ive got the other 3 and they are getting on ok so far

OK, then I will skip on the Angels and get the Rams instead, or possible a pair od Apistos....
 
If you get Ram's I'd be very surprised if you were disappointed-I love mine. But apisto's vs. rams....I'm glad its not me that has to make that decision.
 
If you get Ram's I'd be very surprised if you were disappointed-I love mine. But apisto's vs. rams....I'm glad its not me that has to make that decision.

I would probably like the apistos more, but they are a little bit more difficult to find where I live...

Rams still would be great though :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top