Cory information

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

caterpillar5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can any1 give me some general care tips for cories? i am a noobie when it comes to cories. What do they eat? what conditions do they thrive in? etc.
Thanks in advance

You need to get them sinking foods, such as shrimp pellets. An occasional treat of algae wafers, but they need a high-protein diet. Sand or fine gravel with no sharp edges is needed for substrate. Any pebbles or larger gravels, as long as they are smooth, will also do, but they prefer sand. Avoid sharp edges as they can damage their delicate barbels on them.

Other than that, nothing much else :D , but certainly a great fun to watch! Oh yeah, they are a schooling fish, so get 3 or more :nod:

P.T.

that was an excellent summary, PT!

cories are great. very active little catfish, and always a joy to watch.

in a community tank they will also eat any flakes or food that falls to the bottom. mine really love a bloodworm treat once or twice every week .... that is, if the other fish let any bloodworms fall to the bottom :rolleyes:

I also recommend a few hiding places, like a little shale cave or driftwood, and definitely some plants (real or fake).

They also enjoy tubifix worms - mine love 'em! The regular diet for mine is whatever flake/granule food falls to the ground and Tetra's Variety Wafers. They get tubifix worms on occasion, and bloodworms if any fall to the bottom.

PT: Do they need something like shrimp pellets on a daily basis or are Tetra's Variety Wafers okay? Mine seem to be doing well and growing well on their current diet, but if they need shrimp pellets or the like, I will certainly get them some!

Corys are such fun little fish! They're so cute - especially when they're swimming around, digging through the sand, and searching for food (and when they're just sitting there, and when they're resting and...) :wub:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Most reactions

Back