cory fry floating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thank you! I will try to feed him with some tweezers. Should I feed him pre-soaked flakes, bug bites, or hikari first bites?

It's been 30 minutes since he was looking really skinny and I went to go feed him some pre-soaked food when I noticed his stomach is huge and bloated again! I will move him to an epsom salt bath

It doesn't look too good for this fellow, if this keeps up over the next day or so, it may be a genetic thing that can't be repaired and he may need to be let go kindly.

Id opt for soaked bug bites instead of flakes, best foods for cories

He is swimming at the bottom again! He is now swimming with his tail just slightly off the substrate but he's getting better. His spine does seem to be a little bent though

I also found a clutch of bladder snail eggs in my fry tank. I have 3 bladder snails right now who just eat some algae so I'm going to let the eggs hatch. I just hope I don't become overrun with snails again and regret that choice.

He is swimming at the bottom again! He is now swimming with his tail just slightly off the substrate but he's getting better. His spine does seem to be a little bent though
Then it does sound like he's got some genetic anomalies, but if he is improving then that's very good news!

I always knew something was off with him even before he started floating. Now that he's bigger I think it is his spine that was throwing me off.

Id opt to let him live out his days with you, but I wouldn't breed him for sure. Perhaps keep him in a different tank with some other corydoras (not his parents or siblings) this way any eggs that occur there won't be likely to hatch, so any possible genetic issues don't carry on. Id even say just stick to whatever gender he ends up being in that tank

I'm not able to get anymore tanks. Could I put him in my 29 gallon and just not hatch any of the eggs? My parents want me to take down the fry tank as soon as all the fry have grown up and been sold.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back