Cory eggs in breeder box question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cmax01

Reaction score
Good morning! I retrieved Cory eggs on Monday and placed them into my plastic breeder box that suctions to the inside of the main tank. Should I put panty hose over the breeder box to prevent the fry from winning out of the slits or should they be ok? Some of the flake food floats into it, so I’ve been suctioning some of the food out.

Thank you!

Good morning! I retrieved Cory eggs on Monday and placed them into my plastic breeder box that suctions to the inside of the main tank. Should I put panty hose over the breeder box to prevent the fry from winning out of the slits or should they be ok? Some of the flake food floats into it, so I’ve been suctioning some of the food out.

Thank you!

I used one of those nylon mesh breeder boxes for my cory eggs. The fry are incredibly small...I could not see it for a couple of weeks after it hatched. The panty hose might be advisable. It should let water pass in/out, but not the hair-like fry.

Try to avoid flake food getting in. Add some dried leaves (oak, beech, maple; or Indian almond leaves some fish stores sell). These produce infusoria which is the first food for all fry, and fry will develop much faster with leaves present.

Once I saw fry, I added a shrimp pellet or two; it is amazing how quickly cory fry will begin feeding on these. I only had a couple eggs I retrieved so this was all the food I offered, but with more eggs you might look at other fry foods. But be careful, as these fry are on the "substrate" and any decaying food is not a good idea. I also have small snails (Malaysian Livebearing and pond) in my tanks and these helped.

I used one of those nylon mesh breeder boxes for my cory eggs. The fry are incredibly small...I could not see it for a couple of weeks after it hatched. The panty hose might be advisable. It should let water pass in/out, but not the hair-like fry.

Try to avoid flake food getting in. Add some dried leaves (oak, beech, maple; or Indian almond leaves some fish stores sell). These produce infusoria which is the first food for all fry, and fry will develop much faster with leaves present.

Once I saw fry, I added a shrimp pellet or two; it is amazing how quickly cory fry will begin feeding on these. I only had a couple eggs I retrieved so this was all the food I offered, but with more eggs you might look at other fry foods. But be careful, as these fry are on the "substrate" and any decaying food is not a good idea. I also have small snails (Malaysian Livebearing and pond) in my tanks and these helped.
Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

I would love to see pictures! :)

(Everything That has been said, that needs to be said, has already been said, so I’m just wanting to see the Cory eggs! ) :lol:

Here they are in the breeder box

Attachments

• 6260B736-23AE-4D7E-A291-E91005B41845.jpeg
    6260B736-23AE-4D7E-A291-E91005B41845.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 543

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back