cory catfish

Colin, not having kept otos myself I am a little concerned to hear they are not eating. I do think they'd be much better in a complete school and I also hope they have plenty of plants and cover to hide in, since they are nocturnal I believe? However, I'd be concerned to make up the school just yet in case your otos are not well at the moment.

Try shelled, frozen peas. I've not met a fish yet (even carnivores) who could resist the lure of the frozen pea. But make sure the peas are put somewhere where shy otos can feed undisturbed, in the evening.

Thanks Anna

I didn't explain myself very well. The little guys are eating because they are still finishing off the algae. I thought that I would find an alternate before the Algae goes. -_-

The tank is well planted and I have a big piece of bogwood and stones as hiding places.

They hang around the back of the tank during the day and come out to play at night - just like wee willie winkie

I will try the peas - I have heard of this - take a frozen pea - drop it in boiling water for a moment and then squeeeeeeze out of the shell - right ?

If I can find an alternate food source I will get another 3

thanks again

Colin

:nod:

Mine don't eat the algae wafers either. I have tried various veggies and they don't bother that either. They do eat flaked foods (containing algae meal) that floats to the bottom. They don't really school as bottom feeders. They do play a lot and don't hide during the day or at all really. They hang on the front of the tank or on the ornaments. Oh, I forgot, they like to have driftwood to gnaw on! :)

Most reactions

Back