Cory carrying eggs

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
20190925_095017.jpg Anyone had experience with corys carrying eggs???

Noticed last night one of my three lined corys is pretty big round the mid rift.

Corydoras stick eggs to the glass, plant leaves, rocks and other hard surfaces in the tank. The fish could be carrying eggs or it might be developing an internal infection.

Is the fish still eating?
If yes, then it's unlikely to be an internal infection and more likely to be eggs.

She was eating last night, i will have to keep a close eye on her.

Im not 100% sure yet but i could have lost another three line over the last few days. I couldnt see her last night or this morning before work. Hopefully just hiding but this is why im worried it could be something else. Im going to check my water later before i do a water change.

If it is eggs do i just leave her as is or is it best putting slightly cooler water in when i do water change?

If it's eggs, just leave the fish alone and they will breed when they do. You can do big daily water changes using slightly cooler water if you like and it will usually stimulate the fish and encourage them to breed.

Big daily water changes with cooler water (it only needs to be a few degrees cooler than the tank) will simulate rainfall and this is when lots of freshwater fishes breed.

Water checked out all ok. Ive done a 75% water change, cleaned my glass/fliter and cleaned gravel, added water back in 2 degrees cooler than it was.

Will do this for the next week like youve suggested and hopefully she will offload her eggs and the cherry barb recovers quickly.

Lost a cory tho :( no where to be seen????

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back