Cory Baby?

JobySp

Go Tuck Yourself In.
Reaction score
OK. So the only thing to actually ever have been in this tank are mollies and cories. I know they are not molly babies - but want clarification that these are cory babies before I get all excited.

There are only about 12 of them, and I discovered them when I was removing a cup from the tank to clean. They where hidden where the cup joins the sand - giving some sort of protection...

Having never seen a cory baby before - I just would like to know. They look like very small guppy fry (and no - I have never had guppies in the tank) and when you try and catch them - they stay very close to the sand and don't make a run for open space like guppy fry would....

Attachments

• corybaby.jpg
    corybaby.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi JobySp :)

I could be cory fry. I've had a few eggs hatch and the babies hide for a time. But, without even anything to put their size into perspective it's hard to tell. A pirture that showed them from the side would be helpful, too.

I can say for sure, however, that if they did not get eaten, or sucked up into your filter, they could fine enough to eat in an established tank to survive. I strongly suggest that you move them to a safer place, though.

Good luck with the little guys. :thumbs:

yes it is a cory fry wut kind of cory do u have?

I have lots of different ones in the same tank (obviously more than 1 of each :) )

Pygmy; Albino; Bronze; Peppered; Splendens; Juli; Panda; False Bandit and a couple more but I forget their names...

I can say for sure, however, that if they did not get eaten, or sucked up into your filter, they could fine enough to eat in an established tank to survive.

Would this matter if they are just in the tank with Corys?

PS: It's an undergravel filter in this tank :eek:

JobySp said:
....Would this matter if they are just in the tank with Corys?

PS: It's an undergravel filter in this tank :eek:
Hi JobySp :)

I've heard of corys eating fry, but have never seen it happen. Without the mollies, your fry should be fine. :D

Thats good news :)
I have no more tanks for them otherwise!

Hope this helps not sure u can see anything

Attachments

• post_22_1077488974.jpg
    post_22_1077488974.jpg
    799 bytes · Views: 33

Most reactions

Back