Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've had covid twice, the first time before vaccines were even a thing and I was properly Ill, took me about 6 weeks to get to my pre-covid levels of fitness and lung capacity again, getting up and down a flight of stairs was exhausting for a month or so.

I'm just getting over another infection of covid, my natural immunity is probably redundant as I first caught it over 18 months ago, but I am tripple jabbed, this time round I had a tickly cough, feel otherwise fine and after 4 days was testing negative so not infectious. Could argue the jabs are effective or could argue the strain is not as severe. Either way I am quite happy I got vaccinated and would urge others to do the same, pros far outweighs the cons, I don't care what anyone else says. I do my research on medical journals not the daily mail or social media. I have seen enough non-jabbed people I know recently fall very sick with the Omicron variant, even if it's anecdotal it more than supports my beliefs about vaccines being effective. Can't see why anyone would be afraid of getting one unless you're a complete wet wipe.

I have seen enough non-jabbed people I know recently fall very sick with the Omicron variant, even if it's anecdotal it more than supports my beliefs about vaccines being effective. Can't see why anyone would be afraid of getting one unless you're a complete wet wipe.

I've likely had Omicron, no jabs for me thank you. Both my kids have had it, one has had it twice, neither are vaccinated, and as a parent I won't permit it. My wife has had it too, after vaccination. As an engineer, I routinely do Risk/Opportunity analysis, and the risks of vaccination far outweigh the Opportunities (Benefits).

I'm not sure what a wet wipe means as a pejorative, but my objection is twofold:

1. Religious - There is considerable evidence that the vaccines experimental drugs were developed/produced with the use of human fetal cell lines.
  2. Freedom - There is not near the scientific data to show that forced inoculation of experimental drugs, with little efficacy and known and unknown risks justifies the abridging of our natural freedoms.

My mom, my girlfriend, four of my friends, and two of my coworkers all caught covid within a 2 day period this past week.

It's been relatively tame for me, having a sore and swollen throat, mild cough, congested sinuses, fatigue, passing headaches, and some stomach problems. My girlfriend had a strong fever for about 12 hours, no other symptoms. My mom had her voice deepen and a slightly sore throat. Coworkers had stomach troubles and headaches. Friends ranged from sore and coughing to 100° fevers and migraines.

Amusingly, the unvaccinated friend who dropped by while the other 4 vaccinated friends were over isn't sick despite living with one of my sick friends. Nor is their other unvaccinated roommate. 😂

Had a few stabbing pains in my chest which had my worried since I experienced heart inflammation as a side effect from the vaccine, but seems like that subsided pretty quick.

I've likely had Omicron, no jabs for me thank you. Both my kids have had it, one has had it twice, neither are vaccinated, and as a parent I won't permit it. My wife has had it too, after vaccination. As an engineer, I routinely do Risk/Opportunity analysis, and the risks of vaccination far outweigh the Opportunities (Benefits).

I'm not sure what a wet wipe means as a pejorative, but my objection is twofold:

1. Religious - There is considerable evidence that the vaccines experimental drugs were developed/produced with the use of human fetal cell lines.
  2. Freedom - There is not near the scientific data to show that forced inoculation of experimental drugs, with little efficacy and known and unknown risks justifies the abridging of our natural freedoms.
I did some reading, British Columbian government says AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson used Fetal Cell Lines, whereas Moderna and Pfizer were not made using Fetal Cell Lines. They said "only trace amounts of DNA and protein may be present in the vaccine." with regard to AstraZeneca and J&J.

If anyone else was curious about the first statement.

As an engineer, I routinely do Risk/Opportunity analysis, and the risks of vaccination far outweigh the Opportunities (Benefits).
How does the risks of the vaccine out-weigh the risk of the pamdemic? And what "risks" are you talking about for the vaccine? If you say getting sick for a day ill personally kill you 😂 (note: I said that as a joke)

time for me to step in here
pro-vaccine, anitvaxers, pro-masks, anti-masks are inflammatory topics...let's get away from that discussion and just get back to what I posted in the very first post of this thread two years ago:

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.

they are now saying there is a new variant of Omicron...they label the first version as Omicron BA.1 and a new strain as Omicron BA.2 ... the stealth variant. It not yet know how this new variant will affect people who have been vaccinated or have had Covid of any strain. Read this article and form your own opinion. Time will tell how this new variant will affect the population and the spread of the virus.

they are now saying there is a new variant of Omicron...they label the first version as Omicron BA.1 and a new strain as Omicron BA.2 ... the stealth variant. It not yet know how this new variant will affect people who have been vaccinated or have had Covid of any strain. Read this article and form your own opinion. Time will tell how this new variant will affect the population and the spread of the virus.
Oh boy. And so it continues! That was fast.

I read that Denmark is dropping their restrictions and UK is lowering their restrictions even though Omicron is still spreading. Could this cause even more spread or will Covid peter out due to herd immunity as more and more people are infected. Time will tell.

I'd like to think with being recently double vaccinated and now having covid for the first time that my immune system is just impregnable.

My younger son has 2 step children. They spend a week with their father and a week with their mother alternately. The week before Christmas they were with their father, and moved to the mother on Christmas Day.
The children are 11 and 13, and neither have been vaccinated. Our son and his partner have been double vaccinated but had not had boosters yet at Christmas.
Christmas Day was Saturday. The following Tuesday the boy said he has a headache - they did a lateral flow test which was positive. Unusually for a teenager, he didn't want painkillers as the headache wasn't bad enough. All four of them were tested daily following the positive result. On the Thursday the girl tested positive with no symptoms. But my son and his partner have had all negative tests.

Our other son's ex wife has just tested positive. Scratchy throat, cough which hurts. She's double vaccinated and boosted, but has high risk issues so she was vaccinated and boosted as one of the early groups.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back