Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I don't know about anyone else's thoughts on this but I always wondered how these pharmaceuticals were going to have such a huge workload added into the mix and still deliver..
Hire more workers. They have huge factories that are automated and can pump out lots of product. But you are correct, even with all their facilities, they should still be pushed to the limit and beyond trying to get this sorted for the entire world population.

---------------------
This virus is doing my head in. I'm so fed up with this crap. The world super powers need to exterminate the Chinese government and people who released this onto society. Sorry if that sounds like a declaration of war, but they knew about this in September 2019 and possibly sooner, and they said nothing until January 2020, by which time it was too late.

And the people that eat wild animals for their ying and yang should all be shot dead too. If it wasn't for them playing with wild animals and eating them, this would never have happened.

This isn't the first time a pandemic virus has come out of China. There have been at least 6 new viruses in the last 20 years and most were from China.

Last edited:
People:
The WHO is investigating where virus originated. Time will tell and the true facts of the origin of the virus may eventually be known - or they may never be fully known.
Letā€™s not stray into posting your thoughts about retribution here. Please donā€™t stray into deep political discussions here. Letā€™s just stick to the questions posed in the very first post of this thread from nearly a year ago.

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.

Last edited:
I donā€™t have a reputable source,only my natural instincts and I have instincts for a reason.
First of all,does anyone really truly believe we will find the source to this virus?Of course we wonā€™t.
Look at what was happening in China when this first broke out,Hospitals were overrun with covid patients.
Why,if it was a natural crossover did China not want the who in straight away to find the source,not a year later.Forget about visas,it was a world emergency.
Why is the British government bragging that they have now closed its borders(which they still havenā€™t)not completely.Why didnā€™t that happen straight away?There are no excuses,as it was an unknown virus on the loose.
I have my instincts and as far as Iā€™m concerned,they overrule any information given,wether that be utube,news outlets or word of mouth.The world doesnā€™t deal in facts,it deals in money and power,facts are a stumbling block.
They arenā€™t going to casually tell us it came from a lab,The liberal lefts will make sure that doesnā€™t happen.
Canā€™t have anything upsetting the apple cart can we.
I work on a building site(a guinea pig)because I need to make ends meet,not because I want to.
I no longer recognise the British government as able to run my country.Disgrace.

Overhere many riots have broken out due to the curfew by youngsters. Many shops have now been looted in the inner cities. There's no objection to demonstrate against the lack of freedom due to the curfew. But this has got nothing to do with it. This is just scandalous behavior of those youngsters.

26 January in Australia is a public holiday called Australia Day. It is in memory of Australia being settled by white people. The Aboriginals call it invasion day. A lot of these so called Aboriginals have light coloured hair, pale skin and blue or grey eyes. Most of them have the same colour skin as me and I haven't been outside in the sun for years.

Any way, on Australia Day 2021, thousands of people got together in public places and protested. None wore masks and nobody seemed to care that there was a pandemic and covid19 is still floating around.

Any way, on Australia Day 2021, thousands of people got together in public places and protested. None wore masks and nobody seemed to care that there was a pandemic and covid19 is still floating around.
That's not very smart of them. Such events are potential spots to pass on the virus. Especially with no masks used.

819 cases! here in Thailand, we still don't have the vaccine!

The UK is still having nearly 45,000 a day. I think the highest recorded cases in the UK was in the high 60,000s maybe low 70,000s

We will never know the cost of this virus as third world countries have no idea of how to track it. I loved Trumps comment. If we didn't do so much testing then we wouldn't have so many cases!!

819 cases! here in Thailand, we still don't have the vaccine!
On the news last night there was a report about a bar/ pub in Thailand that got raided and Police fined over 100 people for breaching covid19 laws.

----------------------
I loved Trumps comment. If we didn't do so much testing then we wouldn't have so many cases!!
He's got his head in the sand like the Western Australian government. Our premier Mark McGowan, keeps saying there are no locally transmitted cases in WA. However, what he does not tell the public is nobody is being tested unless they come into the state. Of course there are no reports of local transmission if you don't test anyone.

Got a big newsflash for McGowan, besides him being a tosser, the WA government's own website says there have been 30 cases in my town alone, not to mention hundreds of other cases around the southern half of the state.

People are still coughing their guts up here. A virus started here in May 2020 and causes people to cough. They don't sneeze or have a runny nose, just a cough. Normal cold and flu viruses stay in an area for around 2 months before they go. So this is not a common cold or flu virus. We have covid19 or something very much like it, floating around my town and it's been here for over 8 months. And nobody in the government or health department cares or is willing to send a team down to test people.

Latest News from Western Australia (WA).

We officially have locally transmitted Covid19 here in Perth and possibly the south-west of WA.

Apparently a state wide lock down was brought into effect at 6pm on Sunday 31 January 2021. However, I didn't know about it until the 7pm news mentioned it. The lock down remains in effect until Friday 5 February 2021, at which time it will be re-evaluated and either extended or lifted, depending on whether or not it has spread into the community.

A young male security guard working at one of the quarantine hotels, has tested positive for Covid19. They believe he has the new aggressive UK strain :( They are unsure how he got it but he is a young male working in a building with a few young ladies that came in from the UK. The young ladies are in quarantine on the floor he was working on, and we all know what young guys do when they see a pretty girl.

The security guard moved around a lot during the last week before he was diagnosed and potentially 100,000+ people could be infected because of this. He spent significant time in numerous shopping centres, gyms, and other areas with lots of people.

Someone informed the local public because the news had footage of everyone stock piling toilet paper again :)

My town is included in the possible risk area because a lot of people travel from Mandurah to Perth every day for work. It's an 80km drive and people are crazy enough to do it, so there's a possibility someone has brought it down here from Perth.

So the fuplie stupid government didn't take note of my comments about everyone working at the quarantine hotels be considered contaminated and isolate themselves while working at the hotel for the time they are working there. Now we have an outbreak and Mr McGowan, I told you so.

----------------------
Also on the news, people have been asked to holiday in their own states. West Australians have been travelling the state and holidaying locally in country towns. They have also been idiots on the road and our current road fatalities is way higher than any time previously. According to the cops and people doing the statistics, if people continue to die on the roads at the current rate, it will be the worst year in history for road fatalities in this state.

Most reactions

trending

Back