cories

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

SConrad

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Titusville, Florida...WHERE THE SPACE SHUTTLE GOES
I just bought two cory cats today. they're my first two ever and im really excited. I have a question though:

one is an albino but im not sure of the other...i know its not a peppered cory...could some1 help me decide what it is?
it has a transparent/gray body with somewhat shiny/green scales on the gills...thats the best i can do right now on description...thanks

Give http://planetcatfish.com a try. You're asking for a needle in a haystack. There are 100's of Cories and it could be any number of possibilities. If you can take a picture that would help too.

Sounds like young bronze cories to me. But like it was said before, there are hundreds of species so I could be wrong.

Hi SConrad :)

I'm glad you are happy with your new corys! :thumbs:

They are delightful little fish who are often quite amuseing to watch. They are schooling fish and so the more of them you have together, the happier they will be.

The cory you describe is quite likely a bronze C. aeneus. This is the same species as your albino, but is just a color variation. They are quite possibly the most popular and easy to get cory. :wub:

well thanks Inchworm :)

I am very happy with my cories...I had never been atracted to them before but when I saw them in the store I just had to have them. I would have gotten more but they were 2$ a piece and I didn't have enough money(nought other items as well). Soon I'll be back in the store buying more cories! lol

-Steve

Most reactions

Back